Working within our Project Delivery business in Bristol, you will be in a unique position of being able to offer full concept through to detail design capability across some fantastic, inspirational projects. From our office we are involved in developing innovative, practical solutions for our clients across the UK and further afield.
You’ll be managing a variety projects for the UK nuclear energy industry, including renewables, nuclear new build, decommissioning and fuel manufacturing. The role will be both client and Atkins’ business focused. Through project management and delivery of work packages you will have the opportunity to participate in multidisciplinary technical studies and other general consulting activities.
- Consulting with clients to develop a full understanding of their project requirements.
- Develop plans, bids and solutions to meet client requirements
- Proactively manage all aspects of projects and instill client confidence
- Working with line managers to secure and develop resources required to deliver tasks, and establishing jobs in line with Atkins internal business management system (BMS) processes.
- Supporting our operational management through project financial planning and reporting, resourcing and attention to cash flow.
- Degree qualified in a related engineering or science based discipline
- Direct and demonstrable experience of managing engineering projects to time, cost and quality, particularly in front end design.
- Being able to demonstrate application of the project management skills set across projects with various technical challenges.
- Strong project management experience, delivering different forms of contract, (including e.g. fixed price, time and materials)
- A background gained in a technical environment working for clients from across industry
- An understanding of Nuclear Safety Design Process
- Energy industry experience
- Experience of working within a consultancy (including bid writing experience)
- Construction implementation experience
- In the absence of an Engineering Degree a Project Management Degree will be considered
- Familiarity with NEC3 contracts
- Recognised and certified qualifications in Project Management skills/methods (e.g. APMP,PRINCE2,)
Travel to other company sites may be necessary as is willingness to work flexibly and occasionally out of hours to accommodate project and client requirements. Flexible working options may be considered for this vacancy.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted.