The transport sector is evolving. At Atkins, we provide a complete set of project-based and tailored advisory services across the Highways, Rail, International and Local Transport markets. We help to develop strategies and strengthen frameworks that effectively respond to market demands and bring ideas to life.
Through innovative partnerships, Atkins is shaping the future of transport. Our staff, forward thinking and commercially aware, understand the industry’s challenges and are able to maximise opportunities for growth and the benefit of society.
We work smart. We are focused on the needs of our clients and are committed to keeping our promises. For each and every project we safely deliver leading-edge solutions, policy outcomes and effective and efficient services for the best value.
With this in mind, we are looking to recruit experienced Project Managers for openings we have throughout the UK, though specifically in the Midlands. The successful candidates will work on a number of our key portfolios - Midland Mainline Route Upgrade, HS2 - Engineering Delivery Partner, East West Rail 2 and the National Electrification Programme, these are some of the largest multi-million pound major projects in the Transportation sector.
Our Project Delivery practice within our Transportation division provides support and guidance to the whole of Transportation in project management, project controls, commercial management and quality and technical assurance. Project Delivery leads on our portfolio of major projects within both Strategic Rail & Highways. This includes functional leadership and standards for how we govern our projects.
• To provide project management leadership for an individual project or as part of a broader project delivery team on a major project.
• Client engagement at a regional and portfolio level.
• Ensure that Atkins’ commercial objectives are achieved in the safe delivery of major projects.
• Show personal leadership in ensuring the ethos of safety is maintained and promoted.
• To ensure that project management tools are deployed effectively to monitor delivery to programme and budget, for example with earned value analysis.
• Manage the performance of key suppliers in line with Atkins’ project management goals.
• Lead staff in ensuring Atkins’ project management reporting requirements are met.
• Identify and manage project and programme risk.
• Support commercial staff and work with clients in the management of project cash flows.
• Work with clients in ensuring that change is identified and agreed effectively.
• Experience of Project Management roles on UK infrastructure projects of >£2.0M design fees per annum.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Experience of managing diverse teams of engineers to deliver on time and to budget.
• Experience of working with technical teams to ensure high quality delivery.
• Understanding of project management tools and techniques, and an ability to adapt and develop project management systems to best suit project programmes.
• Experience of implementing effective quality, safety and environmental management systems on projects.
• Experience of working with key clients and stakeholders, including suppliers and delivery partners, to ensure project success.
• Ability to work constructively and collaboratively with clients so that Atkins’ commercial objectives are protected and met.
You should have strong leadership and managerial qualities, with proven team management and communication skills, the ability to motivate and mentor staff accordingly and a good understanding of the commercial environment.