Principally working within the Construction Management business and supporting Transportation practices, on the Heathrow Account. To manage a programme of on-going improvements in the field of Quality, Security, Health & Wellbeing, Safety and Environmental Management across the Heathrow Account for Transportation and ADS&T.
Overall responsibility for advising, supporting and guiding the Heathrow Account across the disciplines of Health & Wellbeing, Safety, Security, Quality and Environmental Management practices, particularly in relation to best practice initiatives and the requirements of relevant legislation and industry/client standards.
In addition, you will be required to implement changes in project processes with regard to Health & Wellbeing, Safety, Security, Quality and Environmental practices, particularly in relation to legislative, regulatory and client requirements, as well as providing day to day support and advice to Project teams, Clients, partners and suppliers.
- Attend Quality and Health, Wellbeing & Safety meetings with Clients, partners, suppliers and project teams as well as chairing client specific meetings.
- Manage relationships with clients, partners, principal contractors and suppliers.
- Support project teams in the management of suppliers, including carrying out supplier audits, site inspections and regular reviews.
- Ensure that the elements of the Business Management System used by the Transportation & ADS&T Project Teams comply with the requirements of appropriate standards (e.g. OHSAS 18001, ISO14001, ISO9001).
- Manage the development of standard process, procedures and documentation used by the Transportation & ADS&T Project Teams.
- Provide guidance and assistance to delivery teams on QSSE matters.
- Review QSSE performance of the projects.
- Manage the audit process & maintain audit schedule to ensure compliance to QSSE standards, legislation and client requirements.
- Manage continuous improvement by disseminating learning and best practice derived from external or internal sources (e.g. incident and Close Call investigations).
- Reporting on weekly, monthly & annual basis on statistics, trends and analysis to clients, partners, suppliers and internally to Transportation & ADS&T.
Transportation Deliver Work Site
- Support with the improvement and development of the elements of the Transportation Deliver Work Site used by Construction Management team including (notably):
- Creating and updating safety documentation used by the Construction Management team including; procedures, toolbox talks, forms and guidance notes.
- Managing the ongoing review and development of the all documentation.
- Provide guidance, advice and information to delivery teams on Construction Management related activities where not already available through the Transportation Deliver Work Site or readily available from external sources.
- Drive consistent application of the Transportation Deliver Work Site processes, procedures and standards on Construction Management related activities.
- Provide monthly reports on the progress of approval of new & updated documentation within the new Safety Management System.
- Provide briefings, lunch & learns and toolbox talks to project teams in Transportation & ADS&T, clients, partners and suppliers.
- Provide support in identifying and providing guidance on changes to legislation and industry standards.
- Share internally and externally identified best practice.
Accidents, Incidents and Close Calls (for Heathrow Account)
- Carry out accident/incident/close call investigation and work with the project teams, clients, partners and suppliers to prevent future occurrences.
- Analyse QSSE data to identify trends and required actions.
Site inspections, auditing and reporting (for Heathrow Account)
- Manage Audit Schedule for the Heathrow account and carry out audits in line with standard, client requirements & project requirements.
- Monitor the corrective actions and recommendations raised through to close out.
- Provide support for external audits (e.g. RISQS, FORS, client audits, etc)
Business development (for Heathrow Account)
- Support AskQSSE with bid responses where they do not have the particular expertise.
Qualifications and Experience
- Lead Internal Auditor Training (LRQA)
- ISOH Working Safely
- Member of IEMA
- Currently achieving NVQ Level 5 Occupational Health & Safety
- Heathrow Blue Pass
- NVQ Level 2 Team Leader