If you are experienced in project support, with proven organisational and communication skills, we are waiting for you to join our team. You’ll enjoy working on a range of demanding projects, controlling and monitoring project costs.
If this sounds like you, and you’re interested in joining a team who support a variety of project managers with their project finances, then we’d love you to apply for this role.
Working within our Energy business in Bristol or Glasgow, you will work as part of a small team, supporting a variety of project managers with their project finances.
You will be comfortable working with spreadsheets, providing financial support to project managers across a variety of projects; updating project cost information, creating invoices and monitoring project costs on behalf of the project managers. You will also track opportunities, manage client correspondence and maintain our project database.
As well as being experienced in dealing with financial spreadsheets having worked in a similar role, you’ll have excellent verbal and written communication skills and will be experienced and confident in dealing with staff at all levels, and be able to develop good working relationships with project managers.
Flexible and self-motivated, you will be able to work on your own initiative and are capable of managing your time effectively with the ability to prioritise your own workload. With skills in organisation and planning, you are comfortable in working to challenging deadlines. You will be confident and able to work on your own or, as part of the wider team.
You will be passionate about attention to detail and able to proactively identify improvements to current processes.
You’ll also be able to demonstrate the following:
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Experience in using Excel to an Advanced level, including the use of macros would be a distinct advantage
- Ideally educated to A level standard or equivalent; GCSE level or equivalent, Maths and English
Atkins is ranked as one of ‘The Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work For’ and as one of the ‘The Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2015’. We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations
We are one of the world’s foremost engineering and design consultancies, operating in virtually every region of the world, in virtually every market. Choosing to work for Atkins will provide you with the opportunity to engage on some of the most exciting engineering challenges of our time. Together with our rewarding and flexible packages, you’ll have the perfect balance to bring your personal and career goals to fruition.
- This is an exciting time for Atkins, we are diversifying our portfolio to become a more global organisation, while also continuing to grow our services in the Energy sector in the UK. As part of a single Energy business, there will be opportunities to develop your skills and experience in the UK working across all our Energy clients and also for international travel as part of the global Energy business.
- Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted.
- Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house and well as external training for all of our staff.
Reward & Benefits
Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave. Flexible working options will be considered for this vacancy.
Closing date for applications is 3rd March 2017