The primary role of the position will be the test planning, execution and reporting on software developed. Automation of regression test cases will also be your focus, together with Load, Performance and Stress testing.
- You will be responsible for developing test case procedures and maintaining test documentation.
- You will be required to work as part of a team and will be jointly responsible for assisting with test activities where required.
- To attend workshops comprising business and or technical representatives to cover test-dependent activities such as requirement verification and prioritisation, test scenario identification and general matters.
- To ensure that test scenarios and scripts are prepared in a structured way, prioritised to reflect business or technical priorities and are approved by appropriate stakeholders. Scope is to cover test cycle contents and regression packs.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of testing issues within a complex project and organization.
- Complete the objectives of each assignment within the agreed timeframe.
- Participate in project planning with team members to contribute time estimates on software testing.
- To co-ordinate re-testing of defects and issues either through ‘at desk’ re-tests by business test representatives.
- To prepare and maintain relevant test documentation, including test scripts, activity schedules, narrative and written reports, and visual progress charts.
- Responsible for control the test configuration and environment.
- To take responsibility for: time management; reporting and monitoring; risk management; issue management; quality assurance and change management.
- To undertake all system test related activities in support of the business requirements for the provision of new and updated systems.
- To undertake functional and integration testing, and liaison with third-party suppliers to ensure appropriate test coverage.
- developments to ensure that only ‘fit-for-purpose’ code is delivered into test environments owned by the QA team.
- To create allocated manual & automated test scripts, monitor test execution and ensure results are recorded.
- To liaise with and assist each line of business regarding the test planning, testing activity, and test results analysis.
- To support other test team members and associated IT and Business resources as appropriate to the implementation of testing related activities.
- To carry out other tasks as agreed with the Test Team Leader.
- Implement an automation testing strategy depending on the requirements of the product.
- Adhere to QA standard processes and best practices set by the team.
- Perform such other duties as the Supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
- B.S. or B.A in Computer Science or Information Technology or related area, and/or substantial relevant experience as outlined below.
- Substantial relevant experience in systems specifications analysis, testing methodology and test plan formulation;
- Substantial relevant experience in Software Development Life Cycle;
- Substantial relevant experience in Quality Assurance best practices and procedures;
- Substantial relevant experience in functional testing techniques including system, acceptance
- Substantial relevant regression testing; experience with automated test tools for functional and performance testing.
- Proven experience working with ASP, .NET, Oracle/MS SQL Server, and the ability to read, write, debug and follow ASP/.NET code, VB.NET/ C#, PL/SQL, TSQL.
- Capable of Using Source Code Repositories
- Drive Innovation and Streamline Overall Testing Process
- Excellent Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
- Experience with Agile Development Process (SCRUM, Kanban)
- Experience in implementing and using automated testing tools.
- Ability to think creatively about solutions to testing challenges.
- Must be very detail-oriented with regards to testing.
- Ability to work effectively with distributed teams and embed best testing practices.
- Ability to deal effectively with uncertainty and changing priorities.
- Ability to work across multiple products and work streams simultaneously.
- Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services (Test Manager)
- Selenium Web Driver
- Load Runner
- Experience in testing continuous integration with VSTS and Jenkins
- Experience with Load & performance testing
- Experience with Exploratory Testing
Additional Information and Benefits
to other company sites may be necessary.
candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and
offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being
working options may be considered for this vacancy.
- Please refer to our website for full details
of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to
15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days
paid annual leave.
- Atkins develops our employees through a
portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make
the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all
forms of training and have a programme of in-house and well as external
training for all of our engineers.
Atkins is ranked as one of ‘The Sunday Times 25
Best Big Companies to Work For’ and as one of the ‘The Times Top 50 Employers
for Women 2015’. We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we
believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical
skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations. Our commitment to
staff development is underpinned by numerous stable and long-term framework
agreements with key clients.
We are one of the world’s foremost engineering and
design consultancies, operating in most regions of the world, and in virtually
every market. Choosing to work for Atkins will provide you with the
opportunity to engage on some of the most exciting engineering challenges of
our time. Together with our rewarding and flexible packages, you’ll have the
perfect balance to bring your personal and career goals to fruition.