Are you looking for a new challenge to progress your career at a world leading project and programme management consultancy? Faithful+Gould is a leader in its field, operating at the forefront of the property, infrastructure, nuclear and industry sectors. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and progression of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing high quality professional services with cutting-edge expertise.
We are now seeking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor within our Commercial Services Team to support a variety of projects mainly in the property sector. This business sector involves working on a variety of projects ranging in value and complexity. By the very nature of the size of the projects you will be expected to perform pre and post contract services for the client and form part of a team approach to project delivery.
The successful candidate will join an established team of Cost Managers and be offered structured training and support to take their career to the next level. You may already be on an APC programme or looking to work towards chartership in the future – either way, we are looking for someone who is eager to make a positive contribution to our business and in return we will support you in developing you skills and experience.
You will be asked to:
- Provide pre and post contract quantity surveying services for clients and support to other disciplines where necessary.
- Work as part of the property and other local teams
- Plan, organise and control own workload under supervision
- Provide a professional interface with other disciplines and the client's representative
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of service delivery to clients
- Provide full efficient and effective services in all technical and contractual aspects of professional practice
- Experienced in producing Bills of Quantities utilising software systems e.g. CATO or similar and electronic measurement packages .
- An accredited degree in a Quantity Surveying/Construction related discipline or equivalent
- Ability to prepare estimates
- Broad understanding of the Property Sector
- Broad understanding of standard forms of contract, particularly JCT and NEC
- Ability to contribute to the preparation, monitoring and forecasting against budgets during design, procurement, construction, installation and commissioning phases of a project
- Ability to contribute to financial and commercial reports
- Provide and manage cost frameworks, systems and resources to deliver an effective Cost
- Effective and efficient commercial administration of projects
- Client interface level of responsibility on a project basis in conjunction with senior grades
- Ability to work under supervision and on own initiative
- Knowledge and understanding of the component parts of a project and overall construction costs.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility on being office, site based or travelling
- Positive and collaborative, committed to working to the highest professional standards.
- Driven to achieve professional status (RICS).
- Motivated to continuously develop technical skills.
- Able to apply technical knowledge in analysing problems and providing solutions.
Rewards and benefits:
Faithful+Gould offer a comprehensive reward package including:
- 25 days annual leave per annum plus 8 days paid bank holidays per annum (pro-rata for part time staff or for part years worked)
- Employees in service at 1st April each year can buy up to 15 days or sell up to 5 days holiday
- Attractive pension scheme
- Employee Well Being Programme (EWP)
- Share incentive plan
- Life assurance scheme
- Professional membership fees paid
- Income Protection
- Personal accident cover
- Give as you earn scheme
- Health Club Membership & Leisure Discounts
- Discounted BUPA healthcare scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- IT related discounts
- Mobile phone discounts
Join our world class consultancy – which has been voted ‘Construction Consultancy of the Year’ at the Building Awards in 2015/16 – this is the second time in four years F+G have won this prestigious title