Faithful+Gould are a key player in providing quantity surveying services to high profile clients and our continuing success in securing consultancy work means we are expanding our team. Our Epsom office is seeking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their team. Some of the projects you will be working on are high profile and in excess of £5-10m capital value - this is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated individual with experience in the commercial and educational sectors to join a world-leading player in its field; in return we will provide the necessary support to develop your career to the next level at this world class consultancy.
Our Epsom office is set in a beautiful location, with fantastic travel links (whether you’re travelling by car or public transport) and only 20 minutes train ride from London. The office’s current client base covers a variety of different sectors, including education, aviation, property and infrastructure.
We will also be happy to accommodate flexible working for the right candidate - should you wish for example to split your location between Epsom and London.
We are looking for a sharp and motivated Senior Quantity Surveyor to:
- Managing commercial aspects of commissions and/or projects including governance, fee management activities, together with internal job costings and resource requirements.
- Preparing fee proposals and bid submissions under guidance of senior colleagues.
- Manage the client relationship and service delivery on a project basis in conjunction with other colleagues
- Take the lead, setting the pace, and monitoring all work executed, at all stages to ensure that an accurate, professional and quality service is delivered to clients
- Play a key role in generating repeat business and new business opportunities/market opportunities
- Apply the principles of quality assurance and environmental management in compliance with the organisation's Policies
- Managing trainee, assistant and graduate colleagues, including undertaking performance and development reviews and mentoring/coaching less experienced colleagues
To join us you’ll need:
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors membership or equivalent recognised institutional body.
- Thorough understanding of construction forms and techniques including construction costs, and ability to knowledgably advise the client.
- Strong customer management skills, including managing expectations.
- Ability to represent the company during bid interviews and strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Competent knowledge of a range of procurement options available in the industry.
- Good understanding of the principles of quality assurance.
- Good understanding of health, safety and environmental requirements applicable to the business and wider construction industry.
- Confident use of Microsoft Office and other role related software packages.
- Effective people management skills, including training and mentoring less experienced members of staff.
Faithful+Gould develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We provide a structured APC scheme and endorse Continuous Professional Development Activities.
Our success is built on hiring and then developing the very best people. Our standards are high, as are the rewards for those who join our team. The opportunity to draw from international expertise and work on some of the most demanding and prestigious construction challenges around the globe ensures your career success – Join our team today.