Faithful+Gould is looking for a Cost Manager/Quantity Surveyor with construction project experience for our San Francisco office, to support senior professionals in the delivery of commercial construction projects, with the foresight of developing and growing into a senior position within the organization. This position is based in our office as well as client offices and project sites in the region.
In this role you will provide cost management services including, cost / invoice validation, cost forecasting and reporting, change order management, project close out administration, procurement management, estimating services, earned value and value engineering.
Faithful+Gould is a leading project and cost management consultancy protecting and maximizing our clients’ interests in the planning and delivery of projects. Operating at the forefront of our industry for more than 60 years, we provide a blend of services to the public and private sectors. Our expert and unique approach is focused on enhancing the value of each project with our services to clients.
Some typical duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- Assist with the execution of estimates, plus the delivery to the clients.
Prepares and issues periodic cost reports to senior technical staff.
- Reviews and prepare cash flow and issues to senior technical staff.
- With minimal supervision, reviews all change orders in accordance with the client’s approval process.
- Reviews all invoices for the project and ensures that junior technical staff codes the invoices where applicable and forwards them to the client’s accounts payable department.
- With minimal supervision, provides procurement services for the client, where applicable, for construction and engineering services, including preparing RFP and bid analysis.
- Where applicable, overviews and reports to the client on contractor buyout of subcontract bid packages.
Review payment requisitions, walk the project, assess percentage of work complete with the project team and make recommendations.
- Attends cost meetings to review procurement status and change order status with the contractors and engineering teams.
- Attend and chair project, cost and other meetings as required.
- With minimal supervision, provides cost information on value engineering analysis.
- Reviews the contractors close out administration and ensures that they meet their contractual requirements.
Faithful+Gould offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and the tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do.
Faithful+Gould an ATKINS company is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability