We are currently looking for QS - MEP to support our F+G business. We are in the process of shortlisting the candidates.
• Pre and post contract team leader;
• Managing multiple teams of between 6 – 10 QS staff for project specific deliverables/ duties and for delivery of large scale regional malls;
• Client point of contact for specialist retail project delivery;
• Pre-contract MEP services: feasibilities, cost planning and estimating, Bill of Quantity productions, tender evaluation, analysis, negotiations and recommendations, peer reviews, cost data-base, value engineering, risk management etc.
• Post-contract MEP services: commercial management of contract (POMI, FIDIC Red Book Contract), contract administration (contractual and commercial correspondences, claims, delay analysis etc.), interim valuations and payment certificates, variations analysis, recommendations and management, performing risk and value management and cost control functions, undertaking costs analysis project work, identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks, compilation of detailed progress/ cost reports, weekly and monthly reporting to client representative on all commercial issues, heading commercial meetings, understanding the implications of health and safety regulations;
Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management and cost consultancy services provider; with over 2,400 professionals operating throughout Asia Pacific, UK and Europe, the Middle East and the Americas. We support clients with the construction and management of their key assets, important projects and programmes. Our approach is committed to providing first-class professional advice and delivering a quality of service which is second-to-none. This has helped enable our business to develop and maintain robust and long-lasting client partnerships.
Active in the Middle East for over 18 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. As a member of the Atkins Group, one of the world’s leading design, engineering and project management consultancies, we hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
Experiences and Qualifications:
• Degree in Quantity Surveying from recognised university, or other RICS accredited qualification;
• 5-10 years pre and/ or post-contract relevant experience in contracts and commercial management;
• MRICS preferred but not essential; undertaking to work towards achieving MRICS.
• Must have consultant and/or client background for minimum of 3 years;
• Previous experience of FIDIC Red Book Contracts is preferred but not essential;
• Knowledge in the use of QS software CATO or similar is preferred, although not essential;
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
• Independent worker who is able to lead teams of commercial staff;
• Possess good project background and proven English language technical writing ability and skills. #SF1
Salary and Rewards:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
• A competitive salary
• Accommodation allowance;
• Transportation allowance;
• Annual leave
• Medical and life insurance cover;
• Company gratuity scheme;
• Discretionary bonus scheme;
• Annual flight allowance to point of origin
• Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
Apply and the Process:
We are currently looking for a Quantity Surveyor- MEP to support our F+G business. We are in the process of shortlisting the candidates and will advise you on your status by the end April 2017.
Below is the link to apply for the job: