Due to our continued success, we are looking to recruit an MEP Quantity Surveyor to be based in Abu Dhabi.
- Cost planning, estimating and BoQ production for MEP services;
- Post contract MEP variation evaluation and management;
- Performing risk and value management and cost control functions;
- Advising on procurement strategy;
- Preparing tender and contract documents;
- Preparing and analysing costings for tenders, tender negations and recommendation reports;
- Undertaking costs analysis project work;
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
- Providing advice on contractual claims;
- Writing detailed progress/ cost reports;
- Interim valuations and payment certificates;
- Management of bonds, insurances and guarantee logs;
- Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations;
- Reporting to Resident Engineer on all commercial issues;
- Client facing and leading commercial meetings.
Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading consultancies providing integrated project and programme management services for construction and engineering projects, with a turnover in excess of £200 million.
Faithful+Gould worldwide has access to 2,300 consultants, of whom 400 are located in the Middle East across six offices. We have successfully delivered commercial advice and management support for over 65 years to clients in Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, UK, and North America. We are a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Atkins Group, the design and engineering company.
Active in the Middle East for 18 years, Faithful+Gould combines in-depth knowledge of the region with the ability to draw on our global resource and constructive expertise, to deliver the most challenging of projects. With registered companies in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Oman, Saudi Arabia, and Kuwait, this makes us one of the strongest international construction consultancies in the region.
Experiences and Qualifications:
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or MEP;
- Min 6 years post qualification experience;
- MRICS preferred or enrolled on RICS APC as minimum;
- Must have consultant and/or client background;
- Must have previous MEP experience;
- Must have proven experience of FIDIC Red Book “Re-measurable” Contracts;
- Knowledge in the use of CATO or similar is required;
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Independent worker who is able to work well with minimal supervision;
- Possess good project background and proven English language technical writing ability and skills;
Rewards & Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
A competitive salary
22 calendar day’s annual leave plus Public Holidays
Medical and life insurance cover
Company gratuity scheme
Discretionary bonus scheme
Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants