Due to our ongoing expansion, a new and exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to be based in Abu Dhabi.
Quantity Surveyors (Theme Parks):
- Cost Planning and estimating (BCIS and NRM1);
- Value Engineering, cash flow forecasts, Whole Life Costing, risk management;
- Bills of Quantities production (POMI and CESSM3);
- Tender services including compilation, tender analysis, negotiations and recommendations;
- Contract drafting (FIDIC);
- Management of bonds, insurances and guarantee logs;
- Interim valuations and payment certificates;
- Variations analysis, recommendations and management;
- Risk and value management and cost control functions;
- Costs analysis project work;
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
- Preparation of progress/ cost reports;
- Reporting to Commercial Director on all commercial issues;
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations;
- Attendance and representation at commercial meetings.
Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading consultancies providing integrated project and programme management services for construction and engineering projects, with a turnover in excess of £200 million.
Worldwide Faithful+Gould has access to over 2,500 consultants, of whom 500+ are located in the Middle East across six offices. We have successfully delivered commercial advice and management support for over 65 years to clients in Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, UK, and North America. We are a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Atkins Group, the design and engineering company.
Active in the Middle East for 18 years, Faithful+Gould combines in-depth knowledge of the region with the ability to draw on our global resource and constructive expertise, to deliver the most challenging of projects. With registered companies in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Oman, Saudi Arabia, and Kuwait, this makes us one of the strongest international construction consultancies in the region.
This specific opportunity is in our Abu Dhabi office, the capital of the United Arab Emirates and also the cultural centre. The office has over 100 project, programme and cost management professionals working across for the emirates for multiple clients on a range of hospitality, leisure, retail, residential, industrial , transport and infrastructure projects valued to US$ billions. Joining this team of professionals you would have the unrivalled opportunity to work alongside an award winning organisation shaping the built environment of Abu Dhabi for the future.
Experiences and Qualifications:
- Experience in Theme Parks and / or Waterparks is a must. Those candidates without prior experience will not be considered for these roles;
- MRICS status as minimum for SQS level. This is non-negotiable. Junior staff must be enrolled onto RICS APC;
- Degree in Quantity Surveying from recognised university;
- Minimum of 4-5 years’ experience;
- Minimum of 2 years’ UAE or international experience;
- Must have consultant and/or client background for minimum of 2 years';
- Knowledge in the use of QS software CATO or similar is required;
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Possess good project background and proven English language technical writing ability and skills.
Rewards & Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
We are also the first RICS regulated business in the GCC, whereby we have in place a comprehensive APC programme, attaining a 88% pass-rate against the global industry average of 68%, with a reward scheme applicable for all passing candidates.
**Urgent Requirement** #SF1