Atkins is seeking talented railway performance analysts to join our Rail Planning & Operations practice. We are looking to grow the size of the practice to cater for a substantial forward workload on numerous high profile projects.
We have the flexibility to base the successful candidate in either our Derby, Manchester, Birmingham, York or London offices.
Our projects include a number of rail franchise projects with public and private sector clients, supporting Atkins in the development and delivery of high profile UK rail infrastructure schemes such as EastWestRail Phase 2, as well as ad-hoc performance and operational advice in the UK and Europe. We are particularly keen on attracting individuals with experience of leading operational or performance teams within the UK rail industry.
The role will involve working as part of a team undertaking technical analysis and modelling of rail timetables and operational performance in order to support major rail infrastructure schemes and service enhancements. Looking at complex projects from every angle, you will help our customers to find the best solutions to their transport challenges.
This is an exciting time to be part of the rail industry, and our Rail Planning & Operations practice is at the forefront of some of the largest and most exciting developments within it. Join our team and you will be working on major projects that are changing the face of the rail industry for the better.
Atkins is a market-leading infrastructure, engineering and design consultancy that offers great scope for career development. And we’re very agile in the way we work and respond to new challenges. We don’t believe there’s a better place to be right now. There are so many opportunities to upskill, grow your career and move between sectors.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled individual with the following attributes:
• Demonstrable experience of using industry software tools (e.g. Railsys) to model rail performance in support of either train service development or the development of enhancement schemes.
• A Proven capability to undertake detailed statistical performance analysis on train service and/or asset performance reaching effective conclusions.
• Experience in developing timetables as a practitioner or the ability to demonstrate a deep understanding of timetable development processes
• Experience of working within a Train Operator or Infrastructure provider and/or be able to demonstrate an effective understanding of rail operations in the UK (including an understanding of UK industry standard performance measures and metrics).
• An ability to take ownership for key elements of larger work streams and assist project delivery.
• Client-focused, with a clear understanding of how to produce technical outputs for a range of audiences.
• The ability to engage confidently with technical specialists within the rail industry (e.g. the Department for Transport, Network Rail, Train Operating Companies, etc)
• The ability to work effectively within a team.
• Good organisational and time-management skills to produce personal and team-based outputs within time and budget constraints.
• Excellent analytical, numeracy and problem solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Enthusiasm, energy and flexibility to work across a number of projects within a fast-paced environment.
We offer a fantastic environment with fresh, modern offices that buzz with the excitement of people working at the very forefront of our industry. Join us and you’ll be joining a business that places no limits on how far you can progress.
You’ll gain experience on a diverse range of industry-leading projects and have the opportunity to inspire and be inspired by colleagues in offices across the UK, and the globe. We offer a competitive rewards and benefits package for the right candidates, including forward-thinking flexible working options to ensure that working with us works for you.
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.