Our transportation & infrastructure practice consults on projects across the Middle East and Africa. We consult and deliver feasibility & design of major projects across all modes of transport. We provide services covering systems engineering, safety assurance, RAM, Operations & Maintenance and Life Cycle costings. We blend all kinds of technical skills to deliver recommendations, RAMS Analysis and compliant designs. Join us and you’ll enjoy plenty of variety, flexibility and exciting new challenges working across the Middle East.
Within this Middle East practice, we’re now looking for Systems Assurance Consultants to support the delivery of engineering safety & RAM management tasks on major transportation infrastructure projects with RAMS experience applying CENELEC Standards, EN50126, EN50128 & EN50129 and iESM, CSM in the following areas:
Your role will be based in Dubai or Qatar working alongside our experienced team of consultants to deliver technical services to clients or as an integrated member of our client’s own project teams.
Join our cross-sector transportation & Infrastructure team and you’ll help us deliver innovative solutions to the biggest transportation challenges in the Middle East and beyond. You’ll turn ideas into reality with the award-winning engineering consultancy behind intelligent transport including Digital Railway. And you’ll improve the everyday lives of millions of people. So, help us move the world forward, one step at a time. This is your time to make a difference.
Atkins has been established in the Gulf for over 40 years, having first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. The regional head office (Dubai) was established in 1979.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, Sharjah.
As a provider of multi-disciplined technical services to the built environment, Atkins Middle East is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combine innovation, imagination and best practice.
Working in a multidisciplinary team of designers and engineers providing a professional design service to our clients, this is an ideal opportunity for individuals looking to develop their international experience with a world renowned consultant.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in RAMS working on Rail projects
- Degree (or equivalent) in engineering or an appropriate discipline
- Working knowledge of rail operations and maintenance
- Experience of application of engineering safety management in the rail industry
- Experience of hazard identification, analysis and management
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative safety risk assessment
- Awareness of engineering safety cases for multi-disciplinary projects and SIL assessment and development
- Good communication skills to interface with clients and internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrable collaborative behaviours to interface with other disciplines such as HF, EMC, RAM, Systems.
- Experience in understanding customer requirements and developing winning bids
Proficient IT skills
- Working from the Middle East
- Safety Management using CSM
- Hazard Identification and Assessment
- Hazard and Operability Study (HAZOP)
- Hazard Identification (HAZID)
- Preliminary Hazard Analysis (PHA)
- Subsystem, Operations and Interface Hazard Analyses
- Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Safety Integrity Level (SIL) Assessment
- Undertaking qualitative and quantitative risk assessments
- Fault Tree & Event Tree Analysis
- Assisting in identification, analysis and management of hazards
- Facilitating/Assisting with workshop preparation and management
- Gathering evidence and chasing follow up actions from a diverse range of specialists to deliver safety assurance on projects
- Assisting in developing safety case in the design and operational safety.
- Safety Audits, ISA, AsBo
- RAM Analysis and Prediction
- Functional Analysis and Block Diagram Reliability Block Diagram (RBD)
- Reliability Centered Maintenance
- RAM Prediction and Apportionment
- Maintainability Task Analysis
- Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
- RAM Demonstration
Rewards & Benefits:
- Competitive tax free Total Package
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin (expatriates only)
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Gratuity Scheme (or pension scheme for GCC Nationals)
- Medical & Life Insurance cover
- 22 days’ holiday (based on 5 day working week) 26 days' holiday (based on 6 day working week)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Bi-annual performance reviews
- Structured development to meet professional status with the relevant institution
- Professional support through allocated mentor & line manager; quarterly & annual reviews; graduate induction & development event; technical & non-technical training; Knowledge Sharing sessions; and Graduate Representatives & Discussion Groups.
Apply and the Process:
We are in the process of shortlisting the candidates and will advise you on your status by the 30th of April 2017.