We currently have a Recruitment Advisor opportunity based in our London, Birmingham or Bristol office. As part of the Award winning Atkins Resourcing Centre of Expertise, you will be part of a national team providing an exceptional recruitment service to hiring managers across the UK.
This opportunity will allow you to utilise your operational recruitment expertise and contribute towards a key strategic objective of first class recruitment and retention activities. We are interested in hearing from individuals who have experience with recruiting in either the permanent or temporary/contractor market. Our status as a top recruitment team within a world leading engineering and design consultancy is reflected in the quality of life our people enjoy and the opportunities available to develop your career.
This is a fixed term contract role, with an expected duration of 3-6 months.
Reporting to a Recruitment Manager you will;
- Develop an in depth understanding of the customer requirements in order to help hiring managers scope and define high quality job descriptions and person specifications
- Conduct thorough vacancy briefings with the hiring manager to advise and agree candidate attraction strategies
- Implement agreed campaigns to source talent within budget constraints and deadline requirements, ensuring equality of opportunity is applied
- Engage a variety of direct candidate attraction methods including, but not limited to; utilisation of job boards, CV databases, social and professional networking sites such as Linked In and Twitter and maximise the use of search engines and web technology to drive potential employees to the Atkins website
- Talent pipelining - actively engage with candidates to build your network
- Instruct external recruitment suppliers to source appropriate candidates where required.
- Carry out detailed candidate short listing against pre-determined selection criteria and present short lists to hiring managers
- Advise and agree appropriate selection activities that support fully informed offer decisions in securing talent, including the development of interview questions, facilitating interviews and assessment centres, and the use of Company approved psychometric assessments
- Manage a high volume of vacancies ensuring that priorities are identified to ensure delivery in line with business strategy
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the recruitment processes recommending and implementing changes when required
- Support the ongoing programme to maximise the utilisation and enhancements of the recruitment management system (Taleo)
- Adhere to the Atkins recruitment policies and procedures applying best practice in recruitment activities, ensuring compliance to related legislation
- Provide advice and professional expertise to hiring managers, as required, (e.g. job analysis, effective interviewing and relevant legislation)
- Delegate to and monitor the work of the shared Recruitment Co-ordinator.
- Proven experience of managing high volume recruitment across multiple skill sets on either a permanent or temporary basis.
- Capability to advise and deliver best practice in candidate attraction methodologies or engagement methods.
- Knowledge of how to apply a variety of candidate attraction methods to source appropriate talent
- Experience in managing external recruitment supplier performance
- Capability to advise on and deliver best practice in recruitment and selection methodologies
- Ability to produce robust job descriptions / specifications to facilitate a highly effective candidate sourcing and selection
- Ability to provide advice and guidance to hiring managers in applying best practice in selection techniques, including but not limited to; behavioural based interviewing, assessment centres and psychometric assessments
- Possess highly effective organisation and time management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks and manage stakeholder expectations
- A thorough knowledge of relevant employment legislation, gained through either studies or practical experience in an HR / recruitment environment
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages (or equivalent) including Word, Excel and Outlook
- A working knowledge of recruitment software or databases, such as Taleo
- Exposure to recruitment in related consulting markets or a technical / professional discipline preferred
- Knowledge and experience of recruiting from global markets.
Regular travel to other office locations across the UK will be required as part of your role.
You will develop expertise to provide an exceptional recruitment service to one or more of the Atkins business units. Flexibility is required to alter business aligned support to respond to changing business requirements.
- Communication (verbal & written): Able to adapt style to suit the audience and exchange information in a clear, concise and articulate manner
- Relationship building: Ability to build strong working relationships with internal customers, colleagues and candidates, and to engage with internal customers demonstrating that requirements have been understood and delivered to
- Planning & Organising: Demonstrates excellent prioritising and organisational skills, effectively delegating work both upwards and downwards. Capability to re-plan and re-prioritise work taking into account resources and contingency in response to customer priorities
- Innovation: Regularly searches for and recommends new approaches to candidate selection methods that contribute to business improvement in terms of cost, quality and efficiency
- Analytical thinking: Able to identify and assess key issues and suggest best course of action
- Flexibility: Able to manage change and remain flexible to individual situations and personalities and have the ability to deal with ambiguity
- Customer Focus: Makes decisions with customer in mind and that adds value to service delivery
- Teamwork: Able to work with others and recognise the strengths each individual can bring
- Commercial Awareness: Ability to consider and review selection solutions within the context of financial targets, ensuring that maximum benefit of return is achieved for both the business area concerned and Atkins as a whole