Atkins has been established in the Gulf for over 40 years, having first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. The regional head office (Dubai) was established in 1979.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah,Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, Sharjah
As part of our regional growth plans, we are currently looking for an experienced Resident Engineer Drainage experience to work with our team in Qatar.
- The Resident Engineer shall ideally be qualified with a degree in Civil Engineering from an internationally recognised accredited University
- Have a minimum fourteen (14) years post graduate experience, 5 of which must be in a similar role
- Drainage experience is essential for this role
- Establish the site organization and lines of authority
- Be responsible for the conduct of the project.
- Take responsibility for all technical, contractual and financial matters relating to the delivery of the consultant’s supervision duties
- Establish standards and procedures in conformity with client requirements
- Liaise daily with the client’s Project management team
- Manage the supervision team and monitor and supervise their performance and attendance
- Liaise with the Contractor
- Attend and chair meetings
- Prepare reports
- Monitor progress of the works against the contractor’s latest approved programme.
- Check and sign all correspondence
- Sign off the contractor’s interim payments following review by the SQS
- Identify and initiate recruitment of site staff through standard process
- Implement financial controls on the construction element of project
- Identify training needs and provide or recommend external training
- Set and maintain under review Company performance expectations
- Maintain reasonable discipline, resolve poor performance issues
- Provide pastoral care and encourage staff to develop their full potential
- Identify and manage project construction risks
- Advise the Project Manager on delays, cost and cost forecasts and progress
- Ensure quality of supervision and of work completed by Contractor
- Ensure implementation and maintenance of good records and documentation
- Ensure preparation of quality, safety and environmental plans/procedures and that they are met.
- Co-ordinate backup support from Head Office staff and technical co-ordination with discipline heads.
- Continually seek to improve upon the service provided and to come up with innovative ideas.