We are seeking a qualified Risk Manager, with extensive project experience, ideally on transportation infrastructure projects. This role is based in London.
Atkins is one of the world’s leading engineers. We have established a high profile presence within the UK, Danish and Middle East markets.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic, world class team; working on some of the UK’s largest transportation infrastructure projects. You will be part of an experienced team that have a significant impact on the successful delivery of multi million pound contracts, using state of the art project controls tools and techniques that provide concise information to the projects they support. Atkins Project Controls are recognised as an internationally renowned consultant, working on large rail infrastructure projects within the UK and overseas.
The successful applicant will support the Senior Risk Manager, providing comprehensive guidance, management, and day to day support to Atkins project staff, and to clients.
This is a challenging role to drive significant Risk and Opportunity improvements on our projects.
• Risk Management experience on large infrastructure projects.
• Experience of providing Risk and Opportunity Management training.
• Schedule Risk analysis exeperience, i.e. Primavera
• Risk Management software experience such as Active Risk Manager (ARM), Oracle Crystal Ball, @Ris etc
• Experience of working with company Enterprise systems.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
• Support the Senior Risk Manager to enhance and develop the Risk Management function for the effective identification and management of project risks.
• Facilitates Risk and Opportunity identification workshops.
• Ensures that Project Risk Registers are in place on all projects and are being correctly managed.
• Works positively with the project teams to ensure mitigation strategies are developed and managed
• Provides regular Risk Management training, coaching and guidance to Project staff
• Delivers Risk and Opportunity presentations to Project teams and senior management.
• Builds relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Develops Dashboards to communicate the status of Risk and Opportunity Management in a clear, concise and timely manner.
• Enforcing the Risk Management policy, processes, procedures and systems.
• Ensuring that the relevant project staff understands their Risk & Opportunity responsibilities.
• Managing and auditing the Project Risk registers.
• Ensuring that the risk data reported is timely and consistent across all projects
• Identifying risk maturity shortfalls within the project teams and undertakes actions to mitigate.
• Ensures an audit mechanism is maintained to provide oversight for the Risk and Opportunity management function.
• Member of the Institute of Risk Managers & APM would be advantagous but not essential.