Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas.
We work together across an international network of offices. This means that wherever in the world a project is being delivered, our clients benefit from industry-leading expertise, as well as a dedicated local contact. We understand the importance of having deep roots in the community; knowing and understanding local requirements, practices and culture. This allows us to be true collaborative partners with our clients, so that together, we can tackle complex projects and enhance communities throughout the U.S. and around the world.
Want to work for a company who values passion, doing the right thing, putting clients first and working collaboratively to provide excellence in all they do? Take heart, you'll find it here.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Norman, Oklahoma Construction Management Group as a Roadway Construction Inspector.
- Under direct supervision, observes activities at construction projects to determine adherence to contract documents and regulatory agency provisions.
- Incumbents do not supervise any contractors' activities and are not responsible for job site safety.
- Generally applies standard techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out a sequence of specified technical tasks in the observation of construction projects of minor to medium complexity.
- Observes underground installations, and determines whether construction work is being performed in substantial compliance with contract plans and specifications.
- Tests soil density, concrete, asphalt and other construction materials.
- Verifies form construction rebar placement, concrete mixture, pile driving blow counts, drainage structure placement, subgrade and base construction.
- Writes diary inspection reports, weather reports, and documents test results and observations.
- Assists in all types of record keeping and field measurements, as needed.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma (or equivalent) plus six years related experience OR an Associates Degree in a related technical field plus four years related experience is required.
- Previous ODOT experience is highly preferred
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations and to understand contract plans and specifications.
- ODOT Material Sampler Certification highly preferred.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.