Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas.
We work together across an international network of offices. This means that wherever in the world a project is being delivered, our clients benefit from industry-leading expertise, as well as a dedicated local contact. We understand the importance of having deep roots in the community; knowing and understanding local requirements, practices and culture. This allows us to be true collaborative partners with our clients, so that together, we can tackle complex projects and enhance communities throughout the U.S. and around the world.
Want to work for a company who values passion, doing the right thing, putting clients first and working collaboratively to provide excellence in all they do? Take heart, you'll find it here.
The Atkins Construction Management Group is seeking a highly motivated, detail oriented, self-starter to join our Atlanta, GA office as a Construction Management Representative.
- Under supervision, observes the work of contractors involved in the construction of projects.
- Incumbents do not supervise any contractor activities and are not responsible for job site safety.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Observes construction work and prepares change orders as needed.
- Researches and interprets contract requirements to determine whether construction work is performed in substantial compliance with plans, specifications and special provisions. Advises internal project manager and/or owner of any failures or delays.
- Reviews pay requests for ultimate payment by client.
- Makes substantial completion and final completion statements.
- Reviews shop drawings within area of expertise for conformance with design concept.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, civil engineering, or related field. With Associate's degree, eight years of related experience. Without a degree, ten years of related experience is required.
- Good math, communications, computers and organizational skills.
- May be required to have certification in nuclear density, aggregate, concrete and asphalt testing or other applicable area
- Requirements typically include: ability to walk long distances, climb ladders, stoop, squat and crawl down into ditches; ability to observe construction activities and distinguish colors; and ability to perceive back-up alarms and other warnings. Must be able to work outdoors in varying temperatures and weather conditions, subject to insects, flooded terrain and equipment/traffic hazards. Job also requires ability to process paper and electronic documents and utilize computer. Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing. Job also requires ability to plan and prioritize tasks, and review contract documents, project plans and progress reports. If position requires driving company vehicle, incumbent must have valid driver's license and a driving record that meets company policy.
- GDOT or related work on Federal Aid transportation project experience is preferred, but not required.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement by clicking the following link: