We are currently looking for experts to join our team in Dammam, Saudi Arabia, to provide multi-disciplinary services and expertise to our clients on a wide range of onshore oil and gas capital projects. The work will involve project management, engineering, and procurement and construction supervision and we’re looking for people at all levels, in particular the role defined below.
To support our on-going projects we now require a Rotating Equipment Specialist to work in a team of Oil & Gas Engineers based in our KSA Office.
Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management and cost consultancy services provider; with over 2,400 professionals operating throughout Asia Pacific, UK and Europe, the Middle East and the Americas. We support clients with the construction and management of their key assets, important projects and programmes. Our approach is committed to providing first-class professional advice and delivering a quality of service which is second-to-none. This has helped enable our business to develop and maintain robust and long-lasting client partnerships.
Active in the Middle East for over 18 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. As a member of the Atkins Group, one of the world’s leading design, engineering and project management consultancies, we hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
- Provide leadership, supervision, and coordination to the Rotating Equipment engineering staff and design work.
- Coordinate and supervise the Rotating Equipment engineering aspects of the client Onshore Capital Projects to ensure the technical objectives are met within the approved scope, budget, and schedule.
- Supervise, oversee and coordinate regular and timely technical reviews of Rotating Equipment related Engineering deliverables developed by engineering consultants/contractors, ensuring design optimization in compliance with relevant codes, standards, and best practices. Closely interface with Company departments.
- Co-ordinate and interface with other Technical Departments, Business Units, Operations, and Contractors to resolve technical issues and ensure quality Engineering execution and integrity.
- Ensure quality and accuracy of General Engineering Services Contractor’s and EPC Contractor’s Rotating Equipment engineering design activities, system integration, and design selection.
- Supervise and manage the review and approval of General Engineering Services Contractor's and EPC Contractor’s work, ensuring compliance with client Onshore Capital Projects specifications, relevant codes and standards, and best industry practices.
- Coordinate the required engineering participation in the development and analysis of various design options and business models. Contribute input and expertise in the development and analysis of various design options and business models to design optimization and validation.
- Coordinate the technical guidance required to develop new specifications and update existing specifications in line with Company requirements.
- Supervise and coordinate discipline engineer’s participation in layout reviews, design reviews, and technical workshops.
- Influence Facilities and Equipment design optimization.
- Provide technical assistance and coordination with other discipline engineers.
- Coordinate technical reviews and analysis during vendor prequalification, bid evaluation, and performance evaluation.
- Provide mentor’s role to develop KSA Nationals and junior engineers for their effective integration.
- Coordinate the review of technical bid submissions and perform technical bid analysis.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering.
- Minimum of 12 years of relevant experience in oil and gas industry with comprehensive experience in Rotating Equipment Engineering, associated technologies and facilities.
- 5 years Owner’s experience with NOC/IOC/PMC/PMT or OEM organizations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent technical team and interpersonal skills.
- Experience and detailed knowledge of relevant international codes and standards.
- Knowledge of Mechanical engineering computer programs and general business software.
- Ability to make independent decisions in the planning, organizing and coordinating to develop solutions to complex problems.
- Competence and ability to lead a team of discipline engineers and provide engineering support.
- Experience with contractors and worldwide suppliers, in particular those involved in the construction of major oil and gas facilities.
- Minimum a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering. Business degrees shall be exceptional dependent on position proposed.
- Candidates shall have the required certification and completed training relevant to the position being applied for.
- Hydrocarbon Design Engineering experience is essential. Brownfield and/or grassroots facilities experience (Gas Plants, Refineries, GOSPs, NGL as an example) are the main focus.
- Applications from those with actual design engineering experience practiced either in Europe or North America are preferred.
Rewards and Benefits:
A competitive all inclusive salary
- Accommodation provided
- Transportation sharing or allowance provided
- 26 calendar days annual leave (based on 6 day working week)
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme;
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme;
- Mobilization/demobilization from the country of origin
- Annual flight(s) provided
Apply and the Process:
We are looking for a Rotating Equipment Specialist to join our F+G business.