Our transportation infrastructure advisory practice consults on projects all over the world. We look at the feasibility of major projects and transactions across all modes of transport. We advise on systems engineering, safety assurance and financial and vehicle procurement.
We blend all kinds of technical skills to produce clear reports, make recommendations and ensure the right schemes get the go-ahead. Together we help move the world forward from advising on UK rail contracts to carrying out rail studies in Norway to advising on the Kuwait metro. Join us and you’ll enjoy plenty of variety, flexibility and exciting new challenges.
Within this practice, we’re now looking for a Safety Consultant to support the delivery of engineering safety management tasks on major infrastructure projects particularly assessing the potential safety impacts of various design solutions and offering appropriate mitigation measures.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Undertaking qualitative and quantitative risk assessments
• Assisting in identification, analysis and management of hazards
• Assisting with workshop preparation and management
• Gathering evidence and chasing follow up actions from a diverse range of specialists to deliver safety assurance on projects
• Assisting in making the case for safety and in particular design safety and cultural improvement.
• Audits, ISA, AsBo
Join our cross-sector transportation team and you’ll help us deliver innovative solutions to the biggest transportation challenges in the UK and beyond. You’ll turn ideas into reality with the award-winning engineering consultancy behind intelligent transport including Digital Railway. And you’ll improve the everyday lives of millions of people. So, help us move the world forward, one step at a time. This is your time to make a difference.
• Degree (or equivalent) in engineering or an appropriate discipline
• Working knowledge of rail operations and maintenance
• Experience of application of engineering safety management in the rail industry
• Experience of hazard identification, analysis and management
• Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative safety risk assessment
• Awareness of engineering safety cases for multi-disciplinary projects and SIL assessment and development
• Good communication skills to interface with clients and internal stakeholders.
• Demonstrable collaborative behaviours to interface with other disciplines such as HF, EMC, RAM, Systems.
• Experience in understanding customer requirements and developing winning bids
• Proficient IT skills
Here at Atkins we really invest in the career progression of our employees, so join us and we’ll value you for going above and beyond to exceed customer expectations. We offer great opportunities to broaden your horizons and you can look forward to an excellent rewards package.
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.