• Will be expected to take roles in client project delivery assignments
• Responsible for commercial management of client assignments.
• Responsible for client relationships during projects.
• Responsible for developing effective approaches to client requirements, calling for originality and ingenuity in devising recommendations.
• Will assist the team lead in business development internal and external to Atkins to further develop the security business.
• Graduate level education or equivalent in a technical discipline (e.g. engineering or sciences) or a security related discipline.
• Must have an understanding and design experience of security throughout the full design lifecycle and be able to work to RIBA stages.
• A basic technical understanding of electronic security systems.
• Must have experience in undertaking security threat and risk assessment and security site surveys.
• Must be able to produce ConOps and also Operational Requirements for physical measures to various levels of detail.
• Experience in designing out crime using CPTED and SBD principles and also have experience in CTM design.
• Must have experience in designing and specifying HVM schemes.
• Must have a working knowledge about blast effects and blast and ballistic mitigation.
• The ability to implement security best practice according to various standards e.g. CPNI, CAST, Police, LPCB 1175.
• Must have experience in a consultancy type role involving requirements capture, stakeholder management, client briefings, presentations, project management and report writing.
• Will have experience in security design integration and assurance of installed security measures.
• Understanding of (enterprise) risk management principles.
• Good presentation skills.
• Bid preparation and business development.
• Ability to work in a fast paced and demanding environment with tight deadlines.
• An MSc in a security related discipline.
• Membership of a recognised security or professional organisation e.g. IET, RSES, ASIS, SyI and also demonstrate Continuing Professional Development in the field of security.
• A good understanding of relevant software such as AutoCAD, MS Project, specialist blast software etc.
• A good understanding of security policies, procedures and operations.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted.