Globally, Atkins is the largest UK-based engineering and design consultancy and one of the world's largest design firms with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide.
We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
The Vetting Administrator will provide a comprehensive case management service within the Security Vetting Team – providing the customer with advice and guidance on the end to end clearance process. The role holder may be required to work flexibly across other teams within HR Operations.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Deliver end to end clearance application process for both major projects and individual clearance applications.
- Chase delayed applications, responses, references etc for all clearance cases. Escalating issues to the line manager as required, ensuring agreed service levels are maintained.
- Ensure accuracy of documentation received from employees, following up on any omissions before forwarding paperwork to the clients or other contracting authorities.
- To take ownership for allocated cases within the case management system ensuring agreed service levels are maintained.
- Carry out administration of security clearance transfer process.
- To be responsible for administration of the security clearance renewal process for your allocated cases.
- To manage the administration of the ‘leavers’ process for your allocated cases.
- To be responsible for the administration of your allocated cases for airport security passes.
- Deal with requirements when advised of ‘Change to Personal Circumstances’.
- Notify external authorities of staff clearance details, as required.
- To deal with allocated cases for DBS checks i.e. request and confirmations, renewal etc.
- Log incoming post on the case management system, on a rota basis.
- To be responsible for review of new e-mails/queries and follow ups received in the case management system, on a rota basis.
- Involvement in ad hoc projects as required.
- Carry out other administration tasks as required.
- Possible ad hoc support for other HR Operations teams if needed
The Vetting Administrator will demonstrate:
- Strong administration experience
- Strong customer service skills including effective use of the case management system
- An ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines with limited supervision
- A professional manner and the ability to develop strong working relationships
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good organisational skills and ability to balance conflicting priorities
- Able to use own initiative and prioritise
- Flexible “can-do” attitude and approach
- Confidentiality and the ability to handle sensitive situations diplomatically
- Strong computer skills across the full range of Microsoft Office applications, in particular Excel, Word and the use of mail merge
- A commitment to continuous improvement
- Willingness to travel to other Atkins sites if necessary
· National Security Vetting will be required to undertake the role
· Experience working within a security vetting role
Additional Information and Benefits
to other company sites may be necessary.
working options may be considered for this vacancy.
- Please refer to our website for full details
of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to
15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days
paid annual leave.
- Atkins develops our employees through a
portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make
the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all
forms of training and have a programme of in-house and well as external
training for all of our engineers.
Atkins is ranked as one of ‘The Sunday Times 25
Best Big Companies to Work For’ and as one of the ‘The Times Top 50 Employers
for Women 2015’. We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we
believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical
skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations. Our commitment to
staff development is underpinned by numerous stable and long-term framework
agreements with key clients.
We are one of the world’s foremost engineering and
design consultancies, operating in most regions of the world, and in virtually
every market. Choosing to work for Atkins will provide you with the
opportunity to engage on some of the most exciting engineering challenges of
our time. Together with our rewarding and flexible packages, you’ll have the
perfect balance to bring your personal and career goals to fruition.