The importance of the highway network to the national economy, and the service it provides is well recognised. In recent years the overall emphasis in managing transport infrastructure has shifted towards the adoption of asset management principles. Funding of projects in this sector remains strong, with various opportunities in the UK.
Our Transport Asset Management Practice continues to be successful in winning a number of projects in this area. These include the UK Road Authorities Asset Valuation System and the development of lifecycle planning tools (structures and highways) for the use of both local and national highway authorities.
We are looking for Senior Analysts to provide support to our Transport Asset Management Practice on a wide variety of projects. These positions will ideally be based at our Birmingham office in the UK.
Our Transport Asset Management Practice provides services on the management and maintenance of existing assets in public and private ownership with target markets in national road and rail administrations, local authorities, central government and DBFO/PFI organisations in the UK and overseas.
• Develop and support both new and existing database applications;
• Requirements analysis alongside colleagues and customers;
• Analysis of database outputs and present findings to customers;
• Specify, design and develop database solutions;
• Deliver allocated project tasks, to quality, time and budget requirements, as directed by project managers and/or team leaders;
• Contribute to the development of tenders;
• Contribute to the development of ideas for win work activities;
• Communicate effectively with colleagues and clients
• Degree or equivalent, ideally in a numerate subject such as Computer Science or Mathematics preferred.
• Experience using SQL (DDL and DML) with SQL Server database technology.
• Experience in database programming (SQL Server).
• Experience in Business Intelligence application development with Microsoft .NET technologies, SQL Server Analysis Services and Reporting Services
• Experience in database administration
• Experience of source code control technology
• Experience in data translation processes and software
• Knowledge of the highways or rail sector