With a key focus on growth in our Education market sector (Schools, Higher/Further Education ) commercial & mass transit sectors, we are currently recruiting for a Senior Architect with demonstrable experience at a senior level and with good client facing, business development and commercial skills. Proven design team management abilities are essential and will be shared with our Head of Design.
The role will report to the Head of Business and will be based from our Warrington office. This role will focus on the delivery of our growth strategy and will include the utilisation of your work winning, design and team management abilities to secure and deliver complex and high value design commissions within the education/commercial/mass transit sectors. Successful candidates should be familiar with the full construction process from business development, to bidding and project delivery - including the successful commercial management of projects.
- To Manage and inspire a team through strong and appropriate leadership
- To ensure design responses are pragmatic and respond to the client brief whilst respecting the opportunities and constraints that each site affords, through climate , context and culture.
- To continue to develop designs that are firmly rooted with a strong narrative and that seek to enhance our reputation
- Lead projects as Technical Director/Design Manager.
- To provide design and technical leadership for major projects
- Liaison with key clients and be capable of discussing design/technical solutions to stakeholders including technical and non-technical clients – both in projects and at tender stage
- Successful delivery of projects to a high level of quality and Client satisfaction acting as Lead Consultant/Design Manager
- The opportunity to work both locally and within our national business to win and deliver work and with these opportunities there will be a requirement for flexibility in respect of travel and location based on project demands.
- Strategic vision of the market and industry and ability to focus our business to take full advantage of market conditions
- Detailed knowledge of our competitors, understand our market differentiators and help to shape them
- Extensive experience in preparing bids and tendering.