The Senior Architect leads and coordinate architectural design team and schedules, organizes, coordinates and executes the production design work on projects of all scales and Coordinate (All) Architectural discipline Works of the following Design Stages; Schematic Design, Detail Design, Authorities Submission, Tender Documentation and Construction Documentation (IFC) and Site Integration.
Line of Reporting
Works under the direct supervision of Head of GDC Multi D Design Studio Team.
- Responsible of the production and deliverables of a coordinated Architectural Design packages of all stages post Concept Design Stage (All Project Documentation, including Specifications, Cut sheets & Schedules) in line with the Contractual obligations / Scope of Work and related deliverables.
- Revit Modeling / Revit & CAD Production
- Team Leading.
- Resource Planning
- Team Coaching.
- Performance Evaluation.
- Design Management.
- Design Coordination. (All Disciplines)
- Interface and coordination with Statutory Authorities (ATK)
- Design research.
- Design reviews.
- Site back-up. (Post Contract, Tender / Site Integration & clarifications)
- Undertakes design and modelling tasks as assigned by Discipline Lead
- Ensure all work is fully self-checked.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage with all design stages (Incl. Concept Design Stage, as applicable)
- Act as the MEPD Team Leads / Design manager / Associate Director point of contact for design related issues.
- Act as the project’s design coordinator and contributes (fully or partially) to the overall design management activities for Architecture (All Disciplines)
- Responsible for the architectural resource planning for the project and report project needs to senior team members.
- Conduct Performance evaluation reviews to junior team members.
- Carry-out independent design reviews for all types of projects.
- Take responsibility for coaching of junior team members.
- Take initiatives to develop design manuals, standard design documents, presentations, etc. to increase efficiencies, knowledge and awareness across the wider architectural community.
Qualities and Skills required
- Developed architectural technical design skills.
- Extensive project experience.
- Developed leadership skills.
- Developed communication skills.
- Ability to make critical decisions. (In coordination with MEPD Senior Design manager / Associate Director/Technical Leads)
- Flexibility and attitude towards company objectives.
- Cordial relationships with project stakeholders.
- Full understanding of Atkins’ commercial management of projects.
- Understanding of risk management.
- Developed understanding of scope definition and scope interface.
- Detailed knowledge of Atkins’ standards, policies, codes and procedures and ability to transmit the same to others.
- Full knowledge of Statutory Authorities requirements, knowledge of codes, regulations and submission requirements.
- Developed knowledge of Fire & Life Safety Principles.
- Developed knowledge of Sustainable Design principles.
- Ability and will to mentor and provide support to junior staff members and spread knowledge across the wider architectural community.
- Ability and will to update knowledge.
- Excellent command of English (written and spoken). Knowledge of other languages is an added value.
Qualities and Skills preferred
- Completion of five or six-year architectural degree program.
- B.Arch or B.Sc in Architecture.
- Minimum 12 years post graduate experience.
- Revit Professional skilled (Achieve Atkins, Revit Skilled assessment score above 80%)
- Society of Engineers/Architectural membership.
- International Accreditation (RIBA, AIA or equivalent).
- Sustainability Certification (LEED, PQP or equivalent).
- Project Management certification (PMP, IPMA, PMI or equivalent).