We are looking for dynamic, charismatic Senior Bridge Engineer with broad ranging experience and a high level of technical expertise in transportation projects to join our Transportation Practice in Chelmsford.
You will be a role model for aspiring engineers and technicians, provide technical leadership to get jobs done ensuring that they are delivered to the highest technical standards and quality targets.
Using your excellent people and technical skills, you’ll drive a variety of civil and structural design projects, including new build, reconstruction, inspections, maintenance and assessment works. Keeping millions of people moving, you’ll take on unique challenges and deliver bridges and structures on time and to cost.
Managing projects from feasibility to design to construction, you’ll be a natural leader to take accountability for project delivery and ensure our team always delivers to highest technical standards and quality targets. Instinctively motivated to help, achieve and go beyond to meet client needs, you’ll:
- Provide high quality design management and construction support
- Produce, check and review outline and detailed designs
- Conduct feasibility studies and write reports
- Assess existing structures and scope and carry out surveys and inspections
- Support new business and help to prepare documentation for bids and design projects
- Lead by example, directing, developing and helping a diverse team of engineers and CAD operators to be the best they can be.
This role will be based in our Chelmsford office in Essex.
- Chartered status and corporate membership of ICE or the IStructE
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of reinforced concrete, structural steelwork and masonry, as well as computer based design and analytical applications
- Implementation of the ‘Management of Highway Structures’ Code of Practice
- Bridge maintenance works prioritisation and management
- Experienced in bridge inspections (General Inspections, Principal Inspections; Assessment inspections and Special inspections)
- Monitoring of substandard structures
- Management of abnormal load movement
- Experience of client interface in conjunction with other senior staff
- Proven ability to advise clients on technical matters
- Knowledge and understanding of the component parts of a project with a track record of successfully delivering technically robust projects of varying values
- Knowledge to assist effectively with the bidding for new work including fee estimates, delivery programmes and inputting to quality submissions
- A willingness to work flexibly to deliver projects to time and budget
- Positive and practical with experience of managing resources, mentoring engineers and inspiring multidisciplinary teams to exceed client expectations
- Technical skills to carry out surveys and inspect and analytically assess structures
- An impressive track record of delivering a wide range of transportation projects in the rail industry, including bridge assessments and designs
- Commercially astute and an excellent communicator with the desire to take on extra management duties and keep on developing your skills and our team.
- Well developed interpersonal skills
- Innovative in bringing high quality technical solutions to engineering problems
- Good communicator
- Good organisational and prioritisation skills
- Ability to focus and deliver whilst working to short time scales and budget constraints
- A desire to develop and mentor individuals and contribute to the capability of the business
- Ability to mentor and support team members and taking responsibility for the technical development of staff
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.