Our Transportation Division is currently seeking a Group Engineer Structures in our Warrington office to support the delivery of a wide variety of multi-disciplinary highway and railway projects across the UK. Using your excellent people, technical and delivery skills, you’ll work on a variety of structural designs for new build, renewal, maintenance and assessment works. You’ll take on unique challenges and deliver bridges and other transportation structures schemes on time and to cost.
Your experience will enable you to support a 20-strong team that provides engineering consultancy, inspection, assessment and design services to a wide range of clients including Network Rail, Highways England, local authorities and leading industry Contractors. With projects ranging from feasibility to design to construction, you’ll ensure our team always delivers great things. Instinctively driven to help, achieve and go beyond to meet client needs, you’ll:
- Act as technical lead for a range of projects.
- Use your excellent analytical skills to derive potential solutions to engineering problems and engineering judgement to appraise and recommend options.
- Oversee completion of designs and the production of and review design documentation including sketches, drawings, calculations, reports and specifications.
- Stay abreast of industry developments and changes in standards.
- Develop more junior staff by technical training and mentoring
• Chartered status and corporate membership of the ICE or IStructE.
• Ability to develop and agree scopes and manage the internal technical supply chain, including budgets, programme and quality, delivering within set time frame.
• Good project management skills, commercial awareness, financial control and ability to deliver across a range of contract types.
• Sound knowledge of Project Governance and Development Processes for Network Rail and / or Highways England.
• Thorough understanding of relevant design standards, including Eurocodes and those of Network Rail and Highways England.
• Sound interpersonal skills and ability to converse with a wide range of Clients and colleagues across a number of engineering disciplines.
• Excellent spoken and written English.
• Awareness of business, commercial and technical risk management.
• Experience of contributing to bids and tenders.
• Experience of client engagement and business development activities.
• Positive and practical with experience of managing resources, mentoring engineers and inspiring multidisciplinary teams to exceed client expectations
• Knowledge gained from working within a contractor and/or client organisation.
Connecting countries, cities and communities, our Transportation team works on some of the most challenging projects of our time. Helping people to travel faster and more efficiently, we transform infrastructure. So, get on board and play a big part in our success.
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.