Through recent project successes and significant future workload we have an opportunity for a Senior Engineer based in our Glasgow office to play a key role in our Transportation Structures team.
Atkins is seeking a candidate able to demonstrate a high level of technical capability to support the delivery of a wide variety of highway and rail related projects. Using your excellent people, technical and delivery skills, you’ll work on a variety of structural designs for new build, renewal, maintenance and assessment works. You’ll take on unique challenges and deliver bridges and other transportation structures schemes on time and to cost.
- Chartered Civil Engineer and corporate membership of the ICE or IStructE.
- Previous experience in delivery of major engineering design projects, preferably within the transportation sector.
- Thorough understanding of the relevant civil/structural standards (including Eurocodes) and regulations within the UK
- Capable of leading design and project teams, mentoring and supporting colleagues in technical engineering and design excellence, taking ownership of the work delivered by the team.
- Develop more junior staff by technical training and mentoring
- Experience of supporting the bidding process
- Ability to develop and agree scopes and manage the internal technical supply chain, including budgets, programme and quality, delivering within set time frame
- Lead, develop and review railway and highway engineering/bridge designs from the local team and from other offices within Atkins
- To be lead engineer in the delivery of civil engineering aspects within multi-disciplinary projects.
- Liaison with clients and capable of discussing technical solutions in the delivery of civil engineering to stakeholders including technical and non-technical clients – both in projects and at tender stage
- To mentor and develop other engineers in their technical capability and understanding.
- Ensure successful delivery of projects by leading and coordinating cross-discipline interfaces
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process.