Our Transportation Division is currently seeking a Senior Technician in our Epsom office to support the delivery of a wide variety of multi-disciplinary highway and railway projects across the UK. Using your excellent people and technical skills, you’ll play a part in the delivery of a variety of civil and structural designs for new build, renewal, maintenance and assessment works.
You’ll be working as part of one of the largest transportation consultancies in the UK, and a leading supplier of engineering services to government, regulatory and local authorities, infrastructure owners and operators. Major clients include Highways England, Local Authorities, TfL, HS2, Network Rail, London Underground, design and build contractors and other niche clients.
Ideally you’ll have a background in supporting design and delivery of a range of bridges and other structures within either or both the highways and railways environments.
- Production of structures drawings using the AutoCAD suite and other relevant software.
- Assisting with site surveys and other site activities.
- Supporting engineers with the development of design solutions.
- Liaising with customers in a responsive and client focused manner.
- Liaison with clients and attendance at client meetings as required.
- Input to preparation and presentation of progress and technical reports for discussion at meetings.
- Responsible for completion of assigned tasks to time and cost.
- Adhering to the company’s QSSE (Quality, Health & Safety, Security and Environment) procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with CAD standards set in the company’s Drawing Manual
- Taking responsibility for own development of new skills and mentoring of others.
- A BTEC/HNC or equivalent qualification in a relevant engineering subject.
- Experience of Highways England (HE), Network Rail and / or local authority highway and structures design and maintenance projects.
- Experience of preparing engineering sketches and plans from conception through to construction.
- Robust IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office software, AutoCAD suite of software and other related software packages.
- Ability to produce drawings containing 3D information.
- Proven ability to deliver work within set timeframes.
- Flexibility for occasional periods working away from normal office location including overseas assignments
- Knowledge of Revit 3D and/or CADS-RC design and detailing software
- Knowledge of Microstation design and detailing software.
- Knowledge of the current HE standards and conversant with the DMRB and / or knowledge of Network Rail standards
- Knowledge of structures design standards and Eurocode detailing rules
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
- A team player, dedicated to the delivery of projects
- Works to personally set deadlines with minimal supervision
- Confident and professional manner
- Able to use initiative and has a desire to improve
- Enjoys working on both simple routine and complex drawings
Connecting countries, cities and communities, our teams work on some of the most challenging projects of our time. Helping people to travel faster and more efficiently, we transform infrastructure. So, get on board and play a big part in our success.
We’ll value you for exceeding expectations and delivering innovative solutions that nobody else can. After all, we can’t achieve great things without you. So, you can look forward to fantastic rewards and development opportunities.
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.