The Candidates should have a clear and demonstrable record of developing technical drawings using CAD and an understanding of roads, drainage infrastructure and related issues, including; to work on Projects include Transport and Infrastructure type.
Atkins has been established in the Gulf for over 40 years, having first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. The regional head office (Dubai) was established in 1979.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
As a provider of multi-disciplined technical services to the built environment, Atkins is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combine, innovation, imagination and best practice.
You will be required to:
• To work as part of Atkins’ Transport and Infrastructure team
• To assist in delivering a range of tasks relating to infrastructure design and planning
• Develop project deliverables, particularly drawings and reports as required.
• To review utilities interfaces against other infrastructure development.
• To provide office and site-based technical support as necessary
• Coordinate with other disciplines as required.
• Perform such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
• Candidates should have a clear and demonstrable record of developing technical drawings using CAD and an understanding of roads, drainage infrastructure and related issues, including;
• Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognised Institution. (Individuals that hold a Diploma provided this is a three year Diploma qualification)
• 10 years Auto Cad, Micro station and detailing experience involving work associated with roads and infrastructure projects based in Middle East?
• Extensive experience of detailing all utilities design including roads, infrastructure (potable water, treated sewer effluent, foul water and storm water drainage network, pumping stations, reservoirs, street lighting, power distribution and other related facilities) drawings using CAD
• Knowledge of geographical information systems e.g. Mapinfo
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Excellent communication skills and be fluent in English (written and spoken). Arabic is a plus but not essential.
• Abilities in Automation using Autolisp etc.,
• Ability to lead and Manage CAD Technicians team Riyadh KSA
• Ability to adapt to different cultures and working environments. The position is to be based in Riyadh KSA
• Ability to manage CAD resources based in other Atkins offices and Global Design Centres.
• Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions
• We encourage vision, problem-solving, ambition, enthusiasm and drive. We recognise that people are the key to our success, and engineers are the future of our business. We ensure that we provide you with a varied workload and encourage you to extend yourself in order to reach your potential.
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
• A competitive salary
• Accommodation allowance
• Transportation allowance
• 22 working days annual leave (based on 5 days working week)
• Medical and life insurance cover
• Company gratuity scheme (as per the Saudi Labour law)
• Discretionary bonus scheme
• Annual flight allowance to point of origin
• Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
Apply and the Process:
We are currently looking for an experienced Senior CAD Technician (Roads & Utilities) to join our team based in Al Khobar. We are in the process of shortlisting the candidates and will advise you on your status by the end 31st January 2017.
Below is the link to apply for the job: