Atkins is one of the world’s largest employers of professionally-qualified staff, with operations focused in four regions globally – Europe, the Americas, Middle East and Asia Pacific. Established in 1938 by Sir William Atkins in London, Atkins now employs over 17,000 staff in more than 300 offices world-wide. We provide Design, Project Management, Engineering, Assurance and Consultancy services. Our reputation for technical excellence is rooted in our long established ability to solve the industry’s technical challenges.
To support our ongoing projects we now require a Senior Civil Designer to work in a team of Oil & Gas Engineers and Designers based in our Sharjah Office.
- Senior Civil Designer shall report to the Engineer concerned and Lead Engineer as well.
- Preparation of Civil/Structural as well as Architectural drawings for detailed Engineering with minimum guidance from Engineers.
- Preparation of detailed Engineering drawings as per drafting standards and quality procedures.
- Preparation of RCC and Structural Steel GA plan, Sections and details,
- Preparation of Civil layout for Surface & Under ground drainage (Storm water, Sanitary, Oily water), Earthworks, Site preparation, Grading & Paving plan, Road layout, Cross-country Pipelines, etc.
- Preparation/review of structural steel fabrication drawings as well as bar bending schedule for RCC works.
- Preparation of Civil/Structural MTO
- Site visit as and when required to collect the project related site information.
- A committed team player able to work on own initiative.
- Diploma in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 8 to 10 years proven experience in preparing detailed Civil Engineering drawings (RCC / Structural Steel as well as Architectural) for Oil & Gas Onshore Projects.
- Conversant with MicroStation, AutoCAD, and InRoads/Civil 3D to prepare layout and detailed drawings for Concrete & Steel Structure and Pipeline Horizontal and Vertical Plan Profiles from Topographic Survey reports and Plans.
- Experience in SP3D for modeling Civil/Structural works
- Experience in Draft for 2D drawing extraction from SP3D model for Civil/Structural works.
- Exposure to Civil/Structural Drafting standards viz. ARAMCO STANDARDS and other Drafting Standards
- Should have experience in preparing civil layouts pertaining to underground facilities (Surface/Underground drainage) such as Storm water drainage, Sanitary Sewer System, Oily Water System, Earthworks, Site Preparation, Grading & Paving plan, Road/Fence layout, Cross-country Pipelines, etc.
- Excellent communication skill and ability to self-check and produce accurate work
Rewards and Benefits:
· A competitive all inclusive salary for the right candidate
· Accommodation allowance provided
· Transportation sharing or allowance provided
· Medical and life insurance cover Mobilization/demobilization and annual tickets provided