Atkins Infrastructure business is looking to appoint a number of Senior Civil Engineers to support and lead the technical aspects of civil engineering and multidisciplinary designs across a range of major projects.
The Infrastructure business provides multidisciplinary engineering services and integrated solutions across a wide range major civil engineering and infrastructure projects.
Drawing upon a diverse skill set and a proven track record of delivery we are playing a leading role in some of the world’s most challenging and exciting engineering projects. These include Airports, Defence, Energy, Marine, Civil Infrastructure, Transportation, Water, Education, Commercial/ Residential and Rail in the UK and Abroad. We pride ourselves in offering a truly multi-disciplinary capability and bring exciting opportunities to influence major projects from beginning to end. Our vision is to be the world’s best Infrastructure Consultancy, with a broad range of clients influencing policy and future technology.
This key post will be based out of Bristol where we have a thriving Atkins office and a number of major ongoing projects including nuclear, defence, and general infrastructure. Our portfolio of work continues to grow and we will offer a challenging and rewarding opportunity to apply knowledge, experience and problem solving skills. As a senior engineer you would be responsible for managing a range of project technical staff, reporting upwards to a number of Principal Engineers. This role offers excellent opportunities for career development for the right candidate. If you have a passion for engineering and want to understand where a career with Atkins might lead then we would like to hear from you.
- Undertake role of Design Team Leader for major projects with a high Civil engineering and heavy structural engineering content
- Management of projects to programme, budget and quality
- Provide project technical leadership
- Project people leadership for our project staff, helping to develop our more junior engineers and technicians
- Champion the implementation of our project BIM strategy including use of integrated design tools and data management systems
- Actively support strategic business and project objectives
- Actively support continuous improvement and innovation initiatives
- Actively support compliance with business and financial systems
- Maintain regular liaison with clients to develop good working relationships; understand client needs and agree best value technical solutions to meet project challenges
- Lead production, check and review of designs for projects in accordance with relevant design standards and codes including client specific requirements: Governance of design solutions to corporate standards and client requirements
- Lead Co-ordination of multiple discipline inputs (including health and safety, sustainability, environment, planning) to achieve integrated designs/solutions
- Ensure successful integrated delivery of projects by working collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary environment including working closely with our offshore resource
- Preparing tenders, working with internal market leads to help promote and sell Atkins services
- Prepare schedules of work, work breakdown structures, risk schedules
- Health and safety management of design including application of CDM 2015
- Civil Engineering Degree or equivalent qualification
- Chartered Civil / Structural Engineer
- Demonstrable experience within a Civil Engineering Design environment with particular emphasis on heavy civil engineering aspects.
- Track record in design delivery including multidisciplinary design
- Up to date knowledge of current design codes and design software relating to Civil Engineering
- Ability to collaborate successfully within a project and team environment
- Ability to manage, motivate and delegate within a project delivery environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work successfully with Clients
- Experience in statutory consents, applications for connections/ discharge consents, planning approvals and assessments
- Flexible and engaging with resilience and drive
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound engineering judgement and take ownership of project issues
- Hands on BIM/Digital competency
- Proactive commitment to health and safety
- Valid driving licence
- Excellent time management