Senior Cost Engineer
Our California Team is growing! If you want to be a part of a successful global organization and have experience with rail, light rail and/or people mover we want to speak to you. This position will be located at our premier aviation client project site in Los Angeles. This is a full time position with full benefits.
The successful candidate will have proven cost engineering experience with complex, multi-phase, multi-million dollar construction and/or renovation projects. The general job duties include: Prepares detailed computer generated cost reports, charts and diagrams; Provides analysis, review and forecasting of cost/budget expenditure and maintains cost control reports; Promptly reports anticipated cost overages or other unsatisfactory cost elements; Maintains liaison with Data Processing in developing support for network calculations, printouts and cost reports, and other cost related services.
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with a number of high profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #13 largest Project Management Company and #11 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise -It’s in our DNA.
• Monitor project budgets for the multi-billion dollar Capital Improvement Program at Los Angeles World Airports.
• Review and analyze sub-contractor invoices Prepares job costing reports to allocate these expenditures against the appropriate numbers.
• Ensure that both commitments and expenditures follow the same allocation methodology.
• Perform cost-to-complete analysis for all cost elements within a project taking into consideration staffing plans, contract commitments, and expenditures to date, change orders and trends.
• Attend project meetings to provide Project Management with current financial information and trend log regarding potential impacts to project budget or forecast.
• Provide progress reporting documents and briefing materials as required. Develop creative reporting tools to communicate complex project sequencing and/or progress assessments.
• Review task orders for contractors and sub-consultants to ensure necessary budget and/or contract capacity exists.
• Analyze bid award values against current budget and prepare reconciliations to include in the current forecast at completion.
• Analyze change order values against current budget and prepare reconciliations to include in the current forecast at completion.
• Prepare and understand requirements needed for journal vouchers to the financial system.
• Project Management System - Update contract commitments, reconcile and analyze actual expenditures, perform budget transfers, monitor trend status and maintain continuity of WBS structure.
• Perform Contract and Project closeout
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field preferred
• 10- cost engineering experience with 5- to 10-years in direct support of an active construction projects
• Experience with Rail,Light Rail and/or People Mover systems.
• Demonstrated experience managing and reporting the cost components of large-scale, complex projects; including developing and managing a progress reporting methodology for a complicated design effort.
• Experience with Design-Build and Construction Management at Risk delivery methods is desirable.
• Demonstrated experience with financial statements
• Demonstrate proficiency with tracking various types of funding sources.
• Demonstrate experience with forecasting of Cost dollars.
• Demonstrated proficiency with a large-scale cost reporting system is required; experience with Project Management System, such as Prolog is highly desirable.
• Demonstrated ability to understand technical and complicated construction program and the ability to communicate progress to both technical- and management-level personnel.
• Ability to work with others, a self-starter with results-driven focus.
• Flexible to a potentially varying shift time or overtime schedule.
• Demonstrate knowledge of closeout of various contracts and projects.
• Understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project
Faithful+Gould offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes:
• competitive salary
• broad Employer based benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
• generous time-off benefits
• 401 (k) with employer match
• flexible work schedules dependent upon approval as a result of assignment demands
• career development opportunities through our corporate university
• highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program
• valuable voluntary options including legal, long term care, pet insurance and car insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faithful+Gould, an ATKINS company, is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates