The ADS&T Security Business are looking to attract Senior Cyber Security Consultants to ensure the successful delivery of our security and risk services. We are looking for experienced security practitioners who are comfortable with leading security work.
If you have significant security experience and are looking to develop your career further, whilst also providing real benefit to our clients, then we’d love you to apply for this position. The successful candidate will be based at Bristol or Cheltenham, however, travel is to be expected with this role.
Atkins is ranked as one of ‘The Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work For’ and as one of the ‘The Times Top 50 Employers for Women’. We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations
- Provide pragmatic security advice and guidance for clients in ‘business as usual’, technical refresh and new project environments that balances business benefit with security requirements
- Identify and establish good security governance to meet client business requirements and risk appetite and cascading this across the business through clear communication, training and ongoing support
- Identify client security risks within their operational environment and determine appropriate remediation based on business risk appetite that protects information assets from loss, misuse, leakage or corruption
- Perform compliance activity on client systems and business processes to assess the levels of security control and identify gaps to address
- Create client security policies and procedures to meet corporate and regulatory requirements
- Work in partnership with clients to implement security controls in pragmatic ways that deliver investment value and support business operations
- Build successful working relationships with team members, key customers and stakeholders that improves the value of the security services being performed
- Mentor others within the security team in a technical and consultancy capacity
- Assist in the growth of Atkins information security services
- Experience in security with relevant previous experience in a technical or consulting environment.
- Broad knowledge of security systems and controls covering physical, procedural and technical areas with appropriate SME knowledge in some subjects
- Excellent presentation and communication abilities to present security principles to technical and non-technical clients
- Experience in security consultancy, risk assessment and compliance activity in corporate and government environments, including exposure to ISO27001 and other relevant management standards
- Knowledge and implementation experience of security best including UK Government security requirements
- Holder of key security industry qualifications such as CISSP, CISM, ISO 27001
- CCP SIRA and/or IA Architect desirable.
- Experience of risk management and accreditation within the MoD desirable.
- Flexibility over travel throughout the UK. Flexibility to work abroad would be desirable.
- Ability to provide high-quality work under pressure, deliver security outcomes to tight deadlines and manage client stakeholder expectations
- Ability to work both effectively individually, as a lead within a team and also as part of a team in a multi-discipline environment and in a matrix organisation.
- An excellent communicator, verbal (ability to listen) and written (able to write concisely);
- Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks concurrently, successfully balancing business and client priorities
- Experienced in developing consultancy and business development skills.
- Ambition to work in a challenging and rewarding role that provides real benefit to clients
- An interest in maintaining and enhancing technical and consultancy skills
Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package which includes the option to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted