Atkins is one of the largest and most successful multi-disciplined consultancies in Europe with offices in over 40 countries worldwide.
Our Ground Engineering business has been operating in the Dams and Reservoirs sector for over 20 years. The department has been rapidly growing due to positive marketing initiatives in the UK and overseas. Our team of engineers provide leading dam engineering solutions to an enviable client base consisting of the major UK water companies, UK non-water clients such as Local Authorities and a growing number of overseas clients.
Right now we have an opportunity to recruit a Senior Dams Engineer to help grow our dynamic Dams and Reservoirs team. We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated and output-orientated engineers to join the team and continue our focus on intelligent engineering solutions within the Dams and Reservoir sector.
Work typically undertaken by our Senior Dams Engineers includes design of earth, rock-fill and concrete dams, remedial works of existing dam embankments, spillways, valve towers, etc., project management and reservoir supervision & inspections in accordance with the Reservoirs Act, 1975.
- Chartered Engineer with a degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualification.
- Knowledge of dam design, including site investigation, structural design, site supervision, monitoring and project management of dam projects;
- Good communication skills and confidence to liaise with clients;
- Good commercial track record in negotiating and running successful jobs;
- Good report writing skills, self-motivated and with the ability to produce accurate work;
- Direct experience of, and interest in, the Dam and Water Engineering fields
- Individuals with a Hydraulic engineering or Geotechnical engineering background will also be considered;
- Hydropower experience useful
- Applicants must be numerate, literate and familiar with IT and software appropriate to the tasks undertaken e.g. MS Word, Excel and Project
- Contribute to preparation of bids to high commercial and competitive standards for the future success of the business.
- Preference for candidates to be a Panel Engineer or progressing towards being a Panel Engineer under the Reservoirs Act 1975
Training and Development
The learning and development experience in our Ground Engineering team is different to that at most other companies. Here we thoroughly recognise the importance of our people and we invest for the long term to provide them with the technical, commercial and managerial expertise they need throughout their career. At Atkins our staff continue to learn and develop irrespective of their position or experience.
Our investment includes our acclaimed technical conferences, regular presentations and discussion groups, field trips, bespoke training courses as well as active on the job mentoring. We also have our Ground Engineering Academy to provide structured support and encouragement to staff in their progression to Chartership. Fulfilling learning and development experiences include the opportunity for international assignments in a variety of countries.
We have also increased our investment even further by launching our Ground Engineering Professionals Programme, facilitating strong professional development to match the passion and skills of our talented people post-Chartership.
We welcome the opportunity to discuss a flexible working pattern for this vacancy. For roles advertised under the category of flexible working we would encourage you to explore the flexible working options we are able to offer during the interview process.