Atkins is one of the worlds’ leading engineering design consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical infrastructure projects.
As a provider of multi-disciplined technical services to the built environment, we are committed to planning, enabling and designing excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combines innovation, imagination and best practices.
· Undertake technical responsibility for projects in accordance with ATKINS Business Management System, as appropriate to the organisation of each particular project, to meet project specific time and quality targets.
· Works towards the continuous improvement of the department section by utilizing effective and standardized calculation system and other design tools.
· Provide direction, supervision and mentoring to more junior staff.
· Professional development of CAD, graduate engineers and Design Engineers.
· Coordination with associated disciplines to ensure that interfaces have been considered and designed
· Graduate or Post-graduate Degree Civil Engineering from a recognised university with 12 years to 15 years of relevant experience.
· Expected to attain Chartered Engineer status.
· Show evidence in continuous professional development
You will need to demonstrate experience in the following areas:
· Experience in structural planning and analysis of different types of building and station structures including reinforced /pre-stressed concrete, steel and composite etc.
· Concept and Detailed design for underground and above ground structures, underpass structures, approach structures, retaining walls and other civil structures related to Railway Industry.
· Working knowledge of International current Design Codes such as British, Eurocodes etc.
· Competence with engineering software such as STAAD PRO, SAP, SAFE, ETABS.
· Proficiency in dynamic and static analysis
· Proficiency in Microsoft applications e.g. Word, Excel and Outlook is required
· Fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
You will also be expected to demonstrate the following key competencies and values:
· Communication - Good Communication and Listening Skills.
· Teamwork - working together as a team for the Group, not just the individual.
· Leadership / Influence - Actively mentors junior team members through their technical training and wider career aspirations.
· Organising and Planning - Continuously seeks new and efficient ways to perform tasks and deliver higher quality work
· Involvement / Integration - Develop relationship with different UK offices and Atkins colleague outside of Business area.
Motivation - Should show highly motivated by supporting the team professionally.