We are looking to recruit an innovative and passionate designer to join our Creative Design team. Although the role is based in London you will work with a national team to build upon pre-existing skills and learn from other designers in a fast-paced, progressive environment.
You should be a designer with a stand-out portfolio, who enjoys the buzz of a dynamic working environment and be brimming with creative ideas. You will embrace the variety of work and be passionate about always looking to innovate across different technical platforms.
About the Creative Design team
Creative Design is not a typical in-house team. We consist of over 50 designers, developers and visualisers, working on a huge variety of products, from events and editorial to virtual reality and interactive platforms. We work collaboratively with Atkins' teams, to get to the heart of a problem in order to add value and innovation to everything we do.
To qualify you should be a brilliant creative thinker who knows the technical ins-and-outs. You should be comfortable talking with clients, understanding their ideas and then bringing them to life.
Our designers excel in the work they do and these are the areas you can expect to get involved in:
- An in-depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop,
- Experience of working in a professional environment
- A creative designer who is unafraid to challenge – happy with day-to-day tasks but always looking for ways to add value
- Passionate, driven and wanting to invest in Creative Design’s vision
- Strong layout & typography skills
- Confident communicating with clients and colleagues when pitching, winning new work and leading projects
- Good organisational skills and close attention to detail
- The ability to work under pressure
- Friendly approach and enjoys working within a team
- Ability to learn new software and skills
- An exceptional career opportunity, with a lively and friendly working environment and ongoing career growth and challenges
- Conceptualise and design for a variety of projects and clients, pushing the boundaries of expectations and helping to raise Atkins’ profile
- Work closely with talented designers in teams across the country to ensure a project is delivered to best creative standards
This should be backed up with an up to date portfolio. Please include at least 3 examples of work with your CV using wetransfer.com
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership