Atkins ADS&T division is looking for a Senior Digital Consultant who has a track record in supporting digital transformation delivery and strategic advice within complex and demanding environments and developing effective working relationships with stakeholders ranging from the front-line users to senior leadership level.
Our Digital Advisory team is a new part of our business, within a much larger Technology Solutions and Services practice, which is growing fast on the back of particularly strong performance. We have built strong reputation and a high quality team in technology consulting, attracting top-tier individuals and delivering work that delights our clients. As part of our continuing growth, we are looking to develop a specialist Digital Advisory capability with a focus on helping clients to realise the benefits and mitigate the risks associated with the accelerating adoption of digital technologies. It is anticipated that the Digital Advisory team will work across the range of clients and locations that ADS&T supports, with an initial focus on leveraging existing strong client relationships to sell Digital services. Digital technology and services in all its forms is a key area of investment for growth within the ADS&T division and the Atkins Group as a whole.
Atkins is a major supplier to the Public Sector and we have key accounts across Central and Local Government, Public Services, Regulated Industries, as well as the Private Sector.
The Aerospace Defence, Security & Technology (ADS&T) Division delivers a range of services including P3M and Business Consulting, Advanced Engineering, Technology Services and Solutions into the Aerospace, Defence, Security/Intelligence and Public Sector markets.
This is an exciting time in ADS&T and the role provides the individual with significant development opportunities that arise through working in a growth area in a new and expanding team. As well as client delivery and assurance, you will be expected to support the development of the Digital Advisory capability through, for example, creating new propositions, publishing thought leadership and supporting the business development team with key account management.
Applicants for this position will be required to undergo SC security clearance.
Applicants are expected to demonstrate a range of abilities to support:
- Developing effective senior relationships in clients and business development target organisations
- Advising clients on digital vision and strategy in complex stakeholder environments
- Overseeing and supporting complex digital transformation activities through the full lifecycle
- Communicating complex concepts and solutions in a compelling and straightforward way, yet underpinned by a strong grasp of the detail
- Influencing stakeholders and non-technical team members
- Supporting the marketing and selling of digital advisory services, including bid writing and sales presentations
- Supporting the profile and reputation of Digital Advisory within Atkins
- Supporting the development of digital and agile capabilities and methods within the wider practice
- Line Management of team members where/if required
The candidate is expected to demonstrate core competence and experience in delivery of the full lifecycle of digital transformation. Additionally, we are looking for people with the experience and skills in developing business relationships at various levels, including leading and working in teams to deliver great work. The successful candidate shall possess:
- Experience in or strongly evidenced understanding of several of the following areas:
- Digital vision and strategy development
- Delivering and providing strategic technical/business advice on the latest digital approaches, such as UX, Product Management, Cloud, DevOps/DevSecOps, Mobile, data analytics, web apps, mobile apps, continuous software development.
- Product management
- User story and epic development
- Software and System Engineering Development Methodologies and Tools (Scrum, Kanban, SAFE, Lean, waterfall)
- Change management
- Delivery performance management in Agile and/or waterfall programmes
- Hybrid (Agile + Waterfall) programme design and delivery
- Service integration for digital developments
- Leading and managing change in complex environments
- Digital innovation
- Thought leadership and digital evangelism
- Cyber security of digital solutions
Ability to influence and communicate with stakeholders at a wide range of levels
Good general consulting skills (structured thinking, excellent report writing, compelling presentations, rapid rapport building and influencing)
Ability to work under broad direction, with a high level of self-initiation
Experience of supporting the selling and delivery of digital transformation programmes and initiatives
A solid understanding of programme/project management and how it relates contemporary value delivery methods, such as Agile.
Good first degree in a relevant IT or related discipline, or equivalent professional experience
- Knowledge and experience at the cutting edge of new technology trends and disruptive technologies and capable of bring these to life and demystifying them for non-technical audiences
- Experience of leading or contributing to bids, tenders and/or business cases