Atkins Transportation business is looking to recruit an experienced drainage engineer within its Civil and Structure practice.
The successful candidate would be based in our Warrington office.
This position will play a key role in the development and delivery of major projects for our key clients such as the Highways England, Network Rail, County Councils and design and build contractors.
To support the technical delivery of projects, your activities will include:
- Supporting Project Manager in designing schemes for both the public and private sectors;
- Experience of delivering the drainage schemes using SUDs features including balancing/ infiltration ponds, soakaways, attenuations tanks system etc is essential for this role.
- Capability of using AutoCAD and Micro-drainage software is essential;
- Understanding of BIM software and processes in design;
- Undertaking assignment on your own without day to day supervision;
- Ensuring tasks are carried out within agreed timescales and budgets to the required quality;
- Preparing scheme drawings, from feasibility design through to detailed design and post design changes;
- Preparing specifications, design input statements and construction drawings;
- Producing reports on the project and drainage departures where required;
- Preparation of consent applications and liaison with water or drainage authorities to gain design approval
- Supervising and mentoring CAD technicians and graduate engineers
- Liaising with team members from other disciplines such as highways, structures, geotechnics, technology, environment and pavement.
- Working knowledge of CDM regulations
- Keeping up-to-date with current methods and design guidelines; and
- Compliance with QSE, environmental and managerial procedures
Skills and experience:
- A degree in civil engineering or equivalent
- Incorporated or Chartered Engineer
- Experience of using Highways England’s and/or Network Rail’s design standards is essential
- Experience of highway and/or rail drainage design at feasibility and detailed design stages
- Experience in the use of Microdrainage WinDes and AutoCAD
- Understanding of BIM and its use in design
- Understanding of Civil 3D. MX and MicroStation preferable
- Good written and verbal communication skills and able to work effectively with colleagues and clients
We encourage career progression and there is the opportunity to further develop your career. We would expect to work with you in developing your career aspirations through staff appraisal, offering a range of opportunities and appropriate training designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents.
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.