Joining our Energy business in Aberdeen, you will have the opportunity to work on all aspects of drilling structures including riser analysis, subsea conductor and platform conductor analysis for clients in the North Sea and worldwide.
As well as supporting exploration drilling activities and conductor design, you will also provide day to day operational support to our client’s fixed assets many of which are operating in life extension, with well components, such as conductors, connectors, guides and guide frames, suffering degradation and wear. Developing innovative repair solutions is therefore a key part of this role. As part of the structural team, you may also contribute to or lead other aspects of structural integrity management including jacket and topsides analysis, inspection review and brownfield design.
As such we may consider someone from a broader structural engineering background with a strong interest in advanced analysis and a grounding in riser and conductor analysis, although a drilling specialist is preferred as the requirement is to lead work and support innovation.
You will generally be working in a small team led by a principal engineer, very experienced in drilling structures, and reporting through the structural team, discipline structure. There will be opportunities to get involved in and lead aspects of other projects involving structural integrity management and repair.
Atkins are looking to fill this role with a permanent team member.
Building and developing relationships is a key part of this role. You will be able to anticipate, interpret and deliver client requirements, thereby winning work from new and existing clients. In addition to building relationships with our clients, you will be able to work with other teams to develop cross-discipline capabilities, and have a co-operative and helpful attitude to colleagues and clients.
You will have the potential and desire to progress to Principal Engineer status and beyond. In addition to having the ability to cope with rapidly with challenging problems, and bringing a flexible approach to adapt to individual situations, other key requirements include:
• Offshore structural analysis experience of drilling risers and conductors using software such as FLEXCOM (preferred) or ORCAFLEX
• Technical understanding of environmental wave loading and/or vessel motions.
• Proven success in delivering drilling structures projects against time, cost and quality objectives.
• Experience of managing small teams including carrying out performance reviews
• Engineering degree (honours or equivalent) in mechanical, structural, civil, naval architecture or equivalent discipline.
• Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartered status with a professional institution.
• Self-motivated, positive, enthusiastic, reliable, consistent and mature approach to work – appropriate to delivering growth in the face of challenging market conditions.
• Willingness to develop a wide range of skills and flexibility to work on a variety of projects.
It is desirable for the applicant to have offshore structural analysis experience of jackets, topsides, floating and subsea systems – particularly using SESAM software. Non-linear FEA experience in ABAQUS and USFOS and other comparable software packages is preferred.
We recognise individual preferences for project management or technical delivery and we offer exciting and challenging careers in both areas.
Training and Development
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. Assistance with continuing professional development will be provided.
Reward and Benefits
Please visit our website for full listings. http://www.atkinsglobal.co.uk/careers/experienced/rewards-and-benefits
• Travel to other company sites may occasionally be necessary
• Successful applicants must have the right to work in the UK without restriction.