Atkins is one of the largest engineering and design consultancies in the UK, one of the largest multidisciplinary consultancies in Europe and one of the largest design firms in the world. Our Water, Ground and Environment part of our Infrastructure division is one of the largest in the UK and with clients including high-profile utility companies, local authorities and independent businesses.
We are currently looking for a Senior Electrical/ICA Engineer with a broad-ranging background in the Water industry to join our Mechanical, Electrical and Process team in Belfast.
The appointed engineer must have a degree in a relevant discipline such as Electrical Engineering. It would also be preferable that applicants are Chartered with the IET or alternative appropriate body.
- Design experience within the Water Industry sector including in areas such as potable water production and distribution, waste water treatment and sludge treatment and pumping systems to name but a few.
- Computer literate and able to work effectively work with the basic Microsoft suite of programmes as a minimum
- Experience of working with WIMES specifications will be beneficial
- Ability to demonstrate design experience of:
- LV electrical design, including MCCs, distribution boards, cable systems etc.
- HV systems including transformers, RMU, circuit breakers
- Cable selection and sizing
- Protection coordination and grading
- PLC and SCADA systems design and specification of Fieldbus networks
- Liaising with utility providers Concepts and requirements of DSEAR/ATEX compliance
The role of an Electrical/ICA Engineer within the MEP business will require the individual to undertake the following duties:
- Feasibility, outline and detailed electrical and C&I design work
- Electrical switchgear panel/MCC specification and design
- Control and instrumentation systems functional specification and design
- Understanding, interpreting and responding to the needs of other engineering disciplines such as mechanical, process and civil.
- Production of electrical, control and instrumentation design documentation and drawings
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of building and maintaining strong business relationships with internal employees and external clients.
- Ability to be flexible and to be able to multi-task and prioritise when necessary.
- Positive outlook and approachable manner.
- Well motivated, able to work as part of a team or in isolation when required.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.