Asset management is one of Atkins priorities for growth. A Principal / Senior Asset Management Engineer is required to support our existing portfolio of projects and provide capacity to grow the business and support future opportunities.
Atkins provides consultancy services for asset management to strategic transport authorities and local highway authorities in the UK and overseas. We advise clients on the implementation of asset management including development of national guidance. Atkins has a key role in supporting the ongoing M25 DBFO project, in which we have an equity stake.
In asset management we help our transportation - road rail and aviation clients to get the most out of their assets. We provide the information they need to make key plans and decisions about the future. And we use data and analysis so they can invest their money wisely in new assets and effective asset management.
The role will involve working with road and rail clients to define and implement their asset management policies to enable management and maintenance of existing assets in public and private ownership. Our markets are national road and rail administrations, local authorities, and PPP organisations in the UK and overseas. The successful applicant will be required to work on a variety of projects for these clients. The focus of the role will be project management and project delivery, and with some support activities including project bidding and business development.
This role will be located at both our Potter’s Bar office and our Birmingham office in the UK. Regular travel to other UK offices and occasional overseas travel forms part of this role.
• Degree in Civil Engineering or other relevant discipline
• Chartered professional status or nearing professional status
• UK knowledge and experience of working for a consultant or contractor
• Experience in managing and delivering projects and meeting client expectations
• Appreciating organisational drivers as well as those of individual stakeholders
• Ability to work in a client facing environment, with good communication skills
• Project management skills
• An excellent report writing ability
• Management and delivery of projects related to asset management
• Developing skills and expertise of junior staff
• Business development and project bidding activities
• Familiarity with the DMRB or Network Rail Standards
• Experience in the field of structures or drainage asset management
• Experience in asset management IT systems
• Good knowledge of structures maintenance practices in the UK
• Working knowledge of PAS55
• Experience and understanding of asset modelling
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.