Atkins Networks and Drainage Engineering Practice (N&DE) works with water companies in the UK and overseas, supporting their capital and operational projects and programmes.
Due to proposed team growth, a Senior Engineer is needed to work within one of N&DE’s key delivery offices, supporting the delivery of a wide range of drainage infrastructure projects. The role will involve the technical lead and management of wastewater design and modelling projects, undertaking stringent check and reviews of project work and deliverables, and liaison with other offices, clients and staff.
The position is full time (40 hours per week) on a permanent basis depending on the successful completion of a 6 month probationary period.
Suitable candidates will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Extensive experience in lead technical wastewater infrastructure positions
- A degree (honours or equivalent) in civil engineering is preferred
- The ability to lead a design team and work as part of a team
- Strong computer skills and the ability to quickly adopt internal systems
- Self motivated and able to work on own initiative
- An ability to mentor and support junior staff
- Acceptance of responsibility for work carried out
- Flexible working attitude and availability to work outside normal hours if required
- Flexible working attitude toward travel within UK and overseas if required
- Full UK driving license (clean)
- Knowledge of Scottish Water Processes and Procedures
- Chartered status is preferred
- Deliver high quality wastewater infrastructure civil designs
- Support junior staff and provide technical guidance
- Interface with civil designers from other offices (throughout UK and overseas)
- Ensure adequate interfaces between other disciplines (modellers, geotechnical, M&E, structural etc)
- Ensure designs are completed on time to the required quality
- Ensure compliance with QSE
- Undertake design work for local, national and, potentially, global projects
The successful individual will be chartered. They will be self-motivated and demonstrate an ability to work with others in a variety of project roles. They will have a track record of leading and successfully delivering wastewater infrastructure projects.
Knowledge and experience of the water industry in Scotland would be advantageous.