Atkins is one of the worlds’ leading engineering design consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical infrastructure projects.
As a provider of multi disciplined technical services to the built environment, we are committed to planning, enabling and designing excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combines innovation, imagination and best practices.
- Graduate degree in Civil Engineering from an institute of repute and preferably Maters Degree in Structural Engineering or Bridge Engineering.
- 14 years and above , experience in design of bridges and other Highway structures.
- Experience in one or more structural engineering software such as STAAD PRO, LUSAS, MIDAS-Civil etc and MS-Office.
- Good written and verbal English language communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues, seniors, team members and clients.
- Experience in leading a team of engineers and CAD technicians.
- Experience of technical leadership for major highway projects at feasibility and detailed design stages.
- Ability to give others confidence in their technical and professional ability, and develop understanding in relation to their own discipline.
- Ability to fully understand, explain, present and solve complex technical problems for technical and non-technical audiences
- Lead a team of approximately 5-10 engineers and CAD technicians working on design and assessment of bridges as per British codes of practice and Eurocodes.
- Liaison and interact with the UK businesses.
- Maintain and develop relationships with the UK in order to further business opportunities.
- Check design and assessment calculations and reviewing detailed drawings.
- Deliver project in accordance with to quality, timescales and budget.
- Supervise, guide and mentor the team.
- Provide technical leadership and develop capabilities of the team in design and assessment of bridges.
- Play a major role in the development of technical skills of the team.
- Raise the profile of the organisation by publishing technical papers and making technical presentations at seminars and conferences.
- Ensure technical competencies of self and team are kept up to date.
- Apply Atkins Quality, Safety & Environmental (QSE) standards and Business Management System (BMS)
- Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Experience in more than two bridge engineering software such as LUSAS, SAM-LEAP, RM or SuperSUITE.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and AASHTO.
- Working knowledge of British standards, Eurocodes
- Experience in working on international projects.
- Internal working experience in Highway structures designs.
- Experience of working abroad.