We are currently looking for a Senior Engineer who has demonstrable track record and solid technical capability in the Traffic Engineering / Public Realm field, with experience in project delivery. This exciting opportunity will provide you with a platform to further develop our business in London and the South East.
Your key responsibilities in this role will include the following:
• Managing a range of projects from small to medium sized public realm/traffic engineering projects
• Working proactively and supporting project managers in the delivery of large scale public realm investigations and scheme design, including the preparation of drawings, scheme costs and reports
• Evaluating engineering problems and providing workable solutions which address issues during design and implementation
• Preparation of scheme drawings from feasibility design through to detailed design
• Ensuring that projects are completed to client specifications, budgets and programme
• Working with planners, traffic modellers, architects, landscape architects, masterplanners and clients as required on technical aspects of projects
• Provide design guidance and act as mentor to more junior members of staff
The creation of a new transportation division in Atkins brings together the capabilities of our Highway and Rail teams into a single business of 3,000 talented engineers and professionals. The UK transport sector is experiencing unprecedented levels of investment and Atkins is playing lead roles in projects such as high speed rail, designing major new road schemes and upgrading our existing road and rail networks to deliver future demand.
Our Epsom office has an excellent reputation for Public Realm and an established track record of successfully delivering a wide variety of award winning projects to both local and national clients. Our team is currently involved in a number of high profile projects with a variety of clients in the UK and overseas, including The Crown Estate, Transport for London, London Borough of Harrow, Royal Borough of Kingston-upon-Thames, London Borough of Richmond, Hampshire County Council and Portsmouth City Council. Our current portfolio of work comprises a diverse mix of local, national and international, development planning and engineering projects.
The following skills are essential:
• A Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
• Chartered Engineer status (or working towards chartered status) is desirable
• Project and people management skills with a hands-on attitude to technical project work
• Appropriate previous experience of working in this field (development and implementation of urban highway, transport and public realm schemes, including cycle schemes, bus priority projects, high street improvements and signalised junctions)
• Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD is essential. Experience of 3D design using AutoCAD Civils 3D is desirable
• Working knowledge of CDM and relevant Health and Safety regulations
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to build and maintain client relationships and manage stakeholders
Join us and we’ll value you for going beyond to exceed customer expectations and delivering innovative solutions nobody else can. After all, we can’t achieve great things without you. So, you can look forward to fantastic training and benefits. As this job is ideal for flexible working, we can also offer you a variety of different options to help you work where and when you work the best.