Due to rapidly expanding UK & worldwide transportation opportunities, a position of Senior Engineering Technician with Bentley OpenRoads experience has been created within the company in our Transportation team. Sitting within the Transportation Civils and Structures Practice, this is an exciting opportunity for any candidate who is keen to undertake an interesting and varied role in supporting the delivery of engineering on Atkins’ Infrastructure projects portfolio.
Atkins is one of the world's leading transportation consulting engineers. Its Transportation business is the largest in its field in Europe. We undertake projects from feasibility through to detailed design and construction management. Our engineers provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins is seeking a candidate able to demonstrate delivery of engineering drawings using AutoCAD and MicroStation for civil and multidisciplinary design projects. This role provides technical leadership of CAD/BIM to both technicians and Project Management staff.
- Implementation and compliance of Atkins CAD / BIM manuals and standards
- Production of Civil / Structural CAD drawings and BIM model input
- Advice and mentorship of junior CAD staff within the team on projects
- Co-ordination of CAD and BIM model input to multi-disciplinary projects
- Preparation and presentation of progress for discussion at meetings
- Providing technical consultancy services to our clients within the transportation sector.
- Engineering or technically based training and professional qualification essential
- Evidence of ongoing CPD in recognised industry applications (i.e. Bentley, Autodesk)
- Project delivery using the core CAD applications of MicroStation and AutoCAD with specific reference to Bentley OpenRoads
- Must have experience operating as a dedicated CAD Lead;
- Knowledge of infrastructure design processes working within a multiple discipline engineering environment, and within a project and commercially focused business;
- Identify, interpret and apply required industry/ client/ internal CAD standards. To ensure that our finished product is Project , Client and BIM compliant
- Projectwise administration to include :allocations ,Permissions workflow management
- Resolution of CAD related problems/queries
- Guidance to new CAD staff on drawing compilation and EDMS
- Experience of a number of the following technical applications: Civil 3D, Adobe Creative Suite, Navisworks, Bentley Navigator, Projectwise
- Experience in delivering technical training
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
- Able to demonstrate advanced CAD and BIM technical knowledge
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the business
- Good team player whilst remaining self-motivated
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Excellent time management and prioritisation
- Creative thinker with a can do attitude.
- Confident and professional manner
- Be available to travel across the UK and work away from home, including periods overseas on assignments.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. Online training for all Autodesk and Bentley products are available after initial assessment.
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.