We are looking for a self-motivated and dynamic Senior EIA Coordinator to join our team in Glasgow. The role will primarily involve managing complex EIAs for major transport infrastructure projects and as such we are seeking to recruit an individual with a successful and proven track record of working on linear infrastructure schemes, including road and rail projects.
Working collaboratively with a range of in-house technical specialists, you will manage and coordinate Environmental Impacts Assessments, and/or develop Environmental Management Plans for the design and construction phases of infrastructure projects.
You will be a strong team player with first-class organisation and communication skills and have a keen eye for detail. A sound understanding of relevant UK and Scottish environmental legislation and a broad knowledge of all the technical disciplines required for an EIA is essential. This will be combined with an ability to work successfully with design teams to influence project development in order to deliver optimal environmental outcomes on projects. You will also have the necessary experience and ability to contribute towards achieving the targets of the business with regards to business development, business delivery and work winning.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Our proven track record in delivering complex solutions is made possible by the collective breadth and depth of expertise, experience and resources of our people and businesses around the world.
You will join a team of over 60 EIA and environmental coordinators located across the country, working to deliver an exciting range of high profile infrastructure projects including HS2, road improvement schemes including the A9 dualling and water utility schemes. Key clients serviced from Glasgow include Transport Scotland, Scottish Water and Local Authorities.
- Set the scope, coordinate, check and review the work of others.
- Competently undertake own work to an excellent standard; on time and to budget.
- Support and develop more junior staff.
- Represent the company well and continue to build personal and company reputation.
- Develop and maintain relationships across the organisation to ensure we position ourselves well within the market and assemble technically excellent project teams
- Maintain continual professional development in accordance with requirements of chosen professional institute
- strong interpersonal skills to contribute towards strengthening existing or developing new relationships with clients.
Degree and Masters qualified in an environmental or science subject.
Aptitude in identification, progression, delivery and success in tendering for new work opportunities.
- Experienced in the specification, preparation and coordination of fee proposals for environmental work.
Chartered, or on route to becoming chartered, with a relevant professional institute.
Experienced in the coordination and delivery of environmental work being undertaken by multi-disciplinary teams, including: EIA; options appraisals and iterative design processes; and environmental management.
Experience of coordinating EIA for infrastructure projects in the road, rail, water or energy sectors.
- Excellent depth and breadth of knowledge of environmental legislation, guidance, and technical specialisms, e.g. requirements for ecology surveys; consents and permits; noise and air quality assessments and controls; landscape and visual impact assessments.
- Able to check and review complex documents and summarise and present the key issues in a clear and concise way, understandable to non-specialists.
- Experienced in meeting with and managing clients’ needs in a confident, professional manner.
- Strong report writing, verbal and presentation skills.
- Able to work within a team and motivate others to deliver to high standards, on time and to budget.
- Able to prioritise and work effectively under pressure
- Have achieved a competent standard in own area of technical environmental specialism and broadened their awareness of other environmental disciplines
Flexible, adaptable and prepared to take on new challenges and work from other Atkins or client office locations
Proven record of project and/or team management
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions such as RTPI, LI, ICE, CIEEM, CIWEM, CIEEM and IEMA.
Rewards and Benefits
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package.