Our Canadian Team is team is growing! If you want to be a part of a successful global organization and have at least seven years of experience as an Estimator in the energy sector, we would like to connect with you. The role is based at a client project site in Pickering, ON This role prepares cost estimates for various estimate disciplines and provides guidance to junior staff. Prepares cost estimates, completes pricing and cost benchmarking validations, and provides specialty cost intelligence deliverables. Utilizes industry experience to develop cost estimates reflective of local market and project conditions.
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with a number of high profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #13 largest Project Management Company and #11 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise -It’s in our DNA.
• Analyzes blueprints and other documents and prepares detailed cost estimates. Performs accurate quantity takeoffs of available design documents
• Leads the development of conceptual and feasibility cost model estimates utilizing historic benchmarking information and industry experience in order to develop complete early stage cost estimate forecasting.
• Obtains accurate and up to date pricing information from databases, contractors, suppliers, etc. to utilize in estimates.
• Reviews inputted estimate takeoff information in CATO for specific disciplines in order to provide check to assess accuracy and suitability for project type and specific project requirements.
• Reviews and finalizes estimate unit cost pricing to reflect current market conditions and specific project logistics.
• Reviews historic benchmark cost information and highlights variances.
• Works with architects and engineers to develop clear understanding of project scope during preparation of estimate. Develops relationships with members of A/E firms and project team members.
• Prepares cost reconciliation between two or more estimates, and explain variance cost drivers.
• Performs such other duties as the Supervisor may from time to time deem necessary. Ensures all contract deliverables and deadlines are met.
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Quantity Surveying or a related field
• seven years relevant experience
• Must have strong skills in CATO, electronic quantity takeoff, and Primavera.
• Knowledge of typical estimating program functionality and related WBS is preferred.
• Requires knowledge of local construction market in area of operation including pricing conventions and trends. Requires ability to prepare conceptual cost model estimates from limited information using local historic cost information.
• Must thoroughly understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project.
Faithful+Gould offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes:
• competitive salary
• generous time-off benefits
• flexible work schedules dependent upon approval as a result of assignment demands
• career development opportunities through our corporate university
• highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program
• valuable voluntary options including legal, long term care, pet insurance and car insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faithful+Gould, an ATKINS company, is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply.