We are experiencing a period of sustained growth across various market sectors. We are primarily a projects based business, providing technical consultancy & solutions to the UK market (in the main) and are seeking the right individuals to join our growing team in the South East.
We require a Senior GIS Technical Consultant who will report to a Project Manager to provide support across the project lifecycle. Clients are normally based in the UK but flexibility to work abroad is essential.
The right candidates will need to demonstrate a desire to be challenged and to contribute towards the success and growth of the business. In return we can offer career development, an empowered and supportive working environment and competitive reward package.
Atkins is ranked as one of ‘The Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work For’ and one of the ‘The Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2015’. We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations .
• Perform and deliver allocated project tasks, to quality, time and budget requirements, as directed by the project manager and/or team lead
• Work with the Geospatial Capability Lead to technically author bid responses and estimate effort required for delivery
• Provide analysis of faults and develop patches for existing deployed solutions
You will ideally be degree qualified (min 2:1) or equivalent, and have previous technical experience of GIS software development projects.
You will also:
• Have a diligent and accurate work ethic and strong problem solving skills;
• Be able to contribute to all elements of the project lifecycle: e.g. design, development, testing, software release, support and maintenance and documentation;
• Be up to speed with the latest geospatial technologies;
• Have an understanding of emerging technologies and how they can be used by Atkins to deliver next generation services and solutions
• Have excellent communication in the English language, both written and verbal, and with colleagues and clients;
• Be able to work effectively both individually, and as part of a team;
• Be organised and be able to think creatively
• Have demonstrable experience developing solutions using any of the following technologies is required:
Open source GIS (e.g. OpenLayers and GeoServer)
SRI ArcGIS Server and Desktop products
PostgreSQL / PostGIS
Some work outside normal office hours may be necessary. Travel to and from client sites and/or temporary secondment to client’s offices may also be required. Secondments to other Atkins offices in the UK or overseas may be available.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted.