We are looking for dynamic, charismatic Senior Highway Engineers with broad ranging experience and a high level of technical competence in highway design to join our Civil Engineering Practice in Swavesey.
You will be a role model for aspiring engineers and technicians, designing works with values up to £50million, ensuring that they are delivered to the highest technical standards and quality targets.
- Leading technical delivery of civil engineering projects / civil engineering input into multi-disciplinary projects.
- Deriving potential solutions by using your excellent analytical skills to solve engineering problems and applying engineering judgement to appraise and recommend options.
- Overseeing completion of designs and the production of and review design documentation including sketches, drawings, calculations, reports and specifications.
- Staying abreast of industry developments and changes in standards.
- Developing more junior staff by technical training and mentoring.
- Maintaining and developing excellent professional relationships with Clients, which can secure repeat business.
- Presenting to clients and key stakeholders in a professional, responsive and client focused manner.
- Assisting with / preparing fee offers for agreement with the client.
- Assigning work to and checking / reviewing the project team’s work.
- Working collaboratively across the joint venture.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications required:
- BEng / MEng or MSc degree in civil engineering or equivalent.
- Incorporated or Chartered status and corporate membership of the ICE or CIHT, or able to demonstrate that this will be achieved in an agreed and appropriate timescale.
- Experience of working with our key clients, e.g. Local Authorities, Highways England, Developers and/or major Contractors.
- Understanding of the DMRB and BIM and there use in design.
- Ability to develop and agree scopes and manage the internal technical supply chain, including budgets, programme and quality of deliverable, delivering within set time frame.
- Commercial awareness and an excellent communicator with the desire to take on extra management responsibilities and keep on developing your skills and our team.
- Knowledge of project governance and processes for Highways England and Local Authorities.
- Ability to research information and data independently and ability to find solutions to complex problems.
- Sound interpersonal skills and ability to converse with a wide range of Clients and colleagues across a number of engineering disciplines.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.